No

Re: Edgar Broughton Band

No

No

ok i like this

i usedto have wasa wasa. found it rather boring.

They don't always astound me but I like plenty of Sing,Brother Sing and their self-titled album. I play those a fair amount. More than Jethro Tull anyway...

steve56
Any fans here?

YES!!!

Nothing to do with prog (far from it) and popsike, but among the greatest in UK underground (along with Deviants, PinkWind, Third World War, Mighty Baby, Magic Muscle, and the like) beyond discussion!
Genuinely alternative in their early days, played a lot at free gigs/benefits/festivals/rallies.
Wasa Wasa and Sing Brother Sing are those I prefer.
Raucous, dirty, lo-fi, chanting, dope addicts and.... infinitely better than tons of more famous and acclaimed psych/prog/rock bands!!
There's a ton of literature on the subject, of course.
If you have the chance, get the recent issue 21 of "Classic Rock presents PROG", which encloses a long review on the 'Wind, the Pink Fairies, Here&Now, Ozric Tentacles and more...

I'm with you on this Bernardo,i have long been a admireer of this genuinley underground band,no middle class student fluffy songs about flower power here,you get gritty working class sounds,and beefheart like vocals on a track here and there(probably more than here or there),i think the self titled "71 album(with the meat sleave) and "Inside Out" are excellent heavy and and gritty albums,though i do love the track "Evening over Rooftops"with its orchestral arrangements mixed with harsh sounds which was something totally different for EBB.In fact i collected all there albums on remastered cd,and the live at the BBC cd"Keep them Freaks a Rollin"is top class freak rock,with longer tracks than what they could recreate on their actual albums,i categorise EBB with the likes of Hawkwind,pink Fairies and Deviants,real underground sounds from the very late 60s and very early 70s and very often free.

Stuart Robertson
I'm with you on this Bernardo,i have long been a admireer of this genuinley underground band,no middle class student fluffy songs about flower power here,you get gritty working class sounds,and beefheart like vocals on a track here and there(probably more than here or there),i think the self titled "71 album(with the meat sleave) and "Inside Out" are excellent heavy and and gritty albums,though i do love the track "Evening over Rooftops"with its orchestral arrangements mixed with harsh sounds which was something totally different for EBB.In fact i collected all there albums on remastered cd,and the live at the BBC cd"Keep them Freaks a Rollin"is top class freak rock,with longer tracks than what they could recreate on their actual albums,i categorise EBB with the likes of Hawkwind,pink Fairies and Deviants,real underground sounds from the very late 60s and very early 70s and very often free.

How right you are, Stuart!
I have all their original LPs, but don't have this BBC live 'Keep them freaks...". It sounds to be indispensible: do you know if there's a vinyl version of it? I must have it!
Thanks, B

theres LIVE HITS HARDER on vinyl on amazon uk plus other EBB vinyl bit pricey tho
im unsure about this group but need to give em a fair listen

Few vinyl versions over a 100 quid on ebay buy it now i go for the bidding on cds just got the Self titled 1971 meat rack one for just under 4 quid and funny i was thinking of Hawkwind too next up is Wasa Wasa.

Yes, but really only the meat cover album and the non lp track Hotel Room.

Yes. Still collecting. Keen to get hold of the live BBC cd, partly for the out, demons out track which I understand was an awesome (in the truest sense) part of their set. I think they're still gigging, with son on drums or suchlike. They appeared on a BBC programme recently, Blues Britannia, maybe. Great band and great ethics. Great lyrics, too. Howlin' Wolf inspired Beefheart and is apparent in EBB vocals, too. Love 'em!

Ian
Yes. Still collecting. Keen to get hold of the live BBC cd, partly for the out, demons out track which I understand was an awesome (in the truest sense) part of their set. I think they're still gigging, with son on drums or suchlike. They appeared on a BBC programme recently, Blues Britannia, maybe. Great band and great ethics. Great lyrics, too. Howlin' Wolf inspired Beefheart and is apparent in EBB vocals, too. Love 'em!

Out demons Out! exorcism chant was creamcorn.

Straight from the socket.

It was easy to work that audience up into a frenzy ,seeing as how they had all undergone a brain-bypass but hours before.

How come you lot always criticize or ridicule prog excess/bloatedness , but something like this gets away scott free.

Wallace,
Butthole Surfers - Cream Corn from the Socket of Davis. Prog? Punk? Psyche? Sheer, thrilling lunacy? Or is it a reference that band picked up from elsewhere? I was a fan of the Butthole Surfers before discovering the wonders of psych. Never got to see them, but heard it was a singular experience!

Eye Calypso.

Buttholers - was there ever anything called late 90s punk? I dont see them as punk.

Alternative? WTF does that mean. Its nigh meaningless.

They were the Buttholes just as Flipper was Flipper and Minutemen were Minutemen. A law unto themselves.

(But only early Surfing. I dont want any of what came after.)

http://youtu.be/654MtanONEY

Yes totally agree with Minutemen choice a law unto themselves indeed
Flipper, didn't hear so much good but not memorable
The "Buttoes' on the other hand were shocking rockin' and alternative

Are you still about Sir I see your last post is in 2011 so hoping you are still with us

Hiya Phil,who is it you're enquiring about?