UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unheard Tintern Abbey Acetates!!!

http://sirhenryrawlinson.blogspot.com/2011/12/unheard-tintern-abbey-from-acetates.html

Re: Unheard Tintern Abbey Acetates!!!

You need to hit the '
Ice 'Ice Man'

Someone knows how to download this?

Philippe
Someone knows how to download this?

I copied it yesterday... here it is for anyone who might like it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJVP6JXV

If you haven't done so already, check this blog site!
For anyone who says they are interested in UK psych this is a must.
Does anyone know who the person is behind this and how the hell does he come across these incredibly rare acetates? Not only that but he's managed to get in touch with original band members from bands like Factory and Tintern Abbey.
There's a great comp or two waiting in amongst all this and cheers to whoever it is for sharing.

^ I believe Sir Henry is an older gent with enough cash to procure these rareities. His blog is excellent and a wonderful treasure-trove of UK psych and pop obscurities. Some notes of appreciation in the comments section of his blog would be good as he almost packed it in last year due to what he thought was lack of interest.

Thanks Mark for the MU link !

Omar, I did get in touch with Sir Henry and he seems like a very nice bloke.
Something he mentioned that should interest most RZers was that two original Tintern Abbey members have been found and to look out for an upcoming release on Wooden Hill of their unreleased material.
If you'd like to listen to more acetates and demos from the mid 60s to early 70s try this site....britishmusicarchive.com

Thanks for that, Mr. Wisdom. That British Music Archive looks VERY interesting !

Does anyone happen to have a copy of these our there on the inter-webs?

It seems Sir Henrys blog is no more and Mark's link appears to be dead.
Anyone have any updates on Wooden Hill release?

While we're at it...anyone know if the Leviathan album is gonna see a CD release?

I was able to listen to them here.

http://www.britishmusicarchive.com/T/297-tintern-abbey

Google is my friend.

Sean

Haven't all the Leviathan tracks come out on Mike Stuart Span reissues?

No 'War Machine' or 'Just forget Tomorrow'

I'm sure War Machine has been comped somewhere but I haven't got the time to look it up now.
The Leviathan album was actually reissued by Record Collector mag in 2012 as a double lp.

The Leviathan LP was finally issued with bonus tracks - and to much less of a fanfare than it deserved - as a double LP (3 sides) by Record Collector mag. They have so far not issued any CDs as far as I know. It does deserve a CD issue as well, the sound quality is excellent on the vinyl. The LP is a great package and well worth you getting a turntable for!

PM

JTL I think Mr WW

Turntables and vinyl are undoubtedly lovely but collecting 60's vinyl, even the reissues is damned expensive compared to cd. Just can't afford it

did he dies? somebody said he dies?