UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
wots on yer decks tonite??

STEVE JOLIFFE-THE BRUTON SUITE more a type of relaxation type cd bit disapointing to my olde ears
DAMIEN YOUTH-SUNFIELD excellent cd

Email  
Re: wots on yer decks tonite??

Istanbul 70 2xLP (or a cd). Compilation of (mainly) Arabesque Anadulu 70s sounds and styles.

By extension over the last two weeks, I have been gorging on Eastern 70s sounds from Turkey, Iran and most recently Afghanistan (Ahmad Zahir – Hip 70s Afghan Beats anthology). I am O/D-ing on electric saz, oud and Erkin Koray, Erson, Selda and Edip Akbayram songs!

PM

Email  

Listening to some library stuff, specifically some volumes from Pierre Dutour/ Jack Arel Dance and Mood Music series.

Some amazing things on these and finally found the beautiful piece of incidental music from The Prisoner series I had always wondered about. Turns out it was Gary Bellington - September Ballad. This has haunted me for around 30 years! I can now die happy...

"Pierre Dutour/ Jack Arel "

Reggie likes!

The Moody Blues - Albert Hall Dec 1969 from 'Caught Live +5' ..

The Eclectric Asylum volume 2

The Original Wizard(nope nothing to do with Roy Wood,this is trio who just released the one album in the US 1971)

Tim Buckley-S/T-(Rhino handmade double cd with a cd of pre first album recordings,not essential imo but interesting)

The Rolling Stones-Between The Buttons(largely ignored but a good album imo)

The Parade-Sunshine Girl:The Complete Recordings(top drawer harmony pop or as the title suggests sunshine pop)

They'll be more getting played tomorrow no doubt,see ya then.

Email  

Over the last few days...

Cross & Ross "Bored Civilians"
Free "Free" and "Fire and Water"
Gentle Giant "Power and the Glory"
Help Yourself "Beware the Shadow" "Return of Ken Whaley"

Lots of 45's!!!

Email  

WOOLLY WOLSTENHOLME-MAESTROSO
frigid pink-defrosted[+bonus]
also watched last night-HERE WE GO ROUND THE MULBERRY BUSH dvd great buy as it has normal dvd + blue ray dvd for the posh folk..Stevenage where it was filmed doesnt look much to be changed!

Email  

Fridgid Pink -defrosted

I just got this lp (with foil cover in almost never-seen immaculate shape) Sunday in a big trade I did in Niagara Falls region.

Was playing it yesterday.

Pretty much Shoite.

its not quite that poor wally but not that good either

Email  

XTC "English Settlement"

Crikey! Bin ages. Forgot how bleedin' marvellous this is.
Where do Wallace go from here? (Me knows the 2 Dukes lps).

Skylarking - XTC's masterpiece.

The Greatest Show On Earth
Battered Ornaments - Mantlepiece
Pete Brown & Piblokto - Thousands On A Raft

XTC excellent stuff try their FUZZY WARBLES cds very good
me im listening to BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST-THROUGH THE EYES OF JOHN LEES..very very different for them well worth apunt

Email  

sugar creek-please tell a friend NICE BLUES ROCK ALBUM

Email  

Quote: Wallace
XTC "English Settlement"

Crikey! Bin ages. Forgot how bleedin' marvellous this is.
Where do Wallace go from here? (Me knows the 2 Dukes lps).

Excellent choice Wallace (you do surprise sometimes). You can not go wrong with XTC...
My personal favourite is Nonsuch, followed by Oranges & Lemons with Skylarking not too far behind. But then again, any time spent listening to the lads from Swindon is time well spent.

At the moment for me it's some pure-pop-bubblegum-psych... Paisley Dreams: The Pop-Psych Sounds of Tommy Roe. Not a bad collection from Rev-Ola which contains his two Curt Boettcher produced albums 'It's Now Winters Day' and 'Phantasy'.
When I say it's not bad, it's not all good either... certainly not one I dig out very often. But there's times when it hits the spot, and it's going down pretty good right now.

Email  

After a few months of virtually no music I have been indulging in all sorts. Apart from Tintern Abbey I went through my collection of Stranglers LPs and found out that, much to my suprise, I no longer care much for their earlier stuff and their later albums are better. I am listening my first listen to Bread Love and Dreams first LP. Its not startling but has a couple of good songs on it. I much prefer the female vocals and the lusher arrangements on songs such as Artificial Light and The Least Said.

Email  

Last night...

QMS Happy trails

CSN&Y Deja Vu

MILES DAVIS Kind of blue

Email   deleted   Website

KITCHEN CYNICS-CORNKISTERS absolutely beautiful very dark folk this album deserves a proper release but Alan{kitchen cynics] likes the way he s does things

Email  

tonight. incredible string band wee tam and the big huge. quicksilver anthology. earth opera the great american eagle tragety.

i love you guys. a great selection of great music.

Earth Opera

twit

Not played much this weekend as i have my nephews staying this weekend,dont want to torture them with my sounds....lol!!Well heres what i have played:

Arzachel-Collectors edition on cd which features pre Arzachel recordings by the groups proper name Uriel)

The Churchill Downs- half good,half not so good,shame as i had high hopes for this cd.

Les Goths(i enjoyed this cd though the recordings do sound unfinished,but some cracking psych guitar going on.)

Oscar and the Majestics-(Sundazed comp of all this groups recordings,some fab garage going on here)

New Colony Six-Treat her Groovy(A total change of sound from NC6 compared to their marvellous garage stuff,disappointing really,some nice tracks but this cd is awash with soppy ballads which realy did nothing for me,ive saw the 2 albums collected on this cd compared to The Association,but the association imo are much better at this stuff)

Chris Spedding-Backwood Progression(not made my mind up about this 1970 album,sorta disappointed in it to be honest,but i'll give it a few more spins!!)

Thats been about it for this weekend!!

Email  

CHAMAELEON CHURCH
THE LOST
WILLIE ALEXANDER & BOOM BOOM BAND
WILLIE ALEXANDER & BAGATELLE
ULTIMATE SPINACH III
ALL ON A CD CALLED family circle family tree on big beat label not to sure where this appeared from

Email  

During this cold and wet Sunday...

POPOL VUH Seligpreisung

POPOL VUH Einjager & Siebejager

POPOL VUH (Norway) Quiche Maya

KEITH TIPPETT Warm Spirits Cool Spirits

CHARLES MINGUS Pithecantropus Erectus

Today...
The Flies - Complete Collection 1965-1968
Five Day Rain - (same)
Five Day Week Straw People (same)
Beauregard Ajax - Deaf Priscilla
Popcorn Blizzard - Explode
Snow - (same)

Email  

fleetwood mac-kiln house

Email  

No easy listening tonight....

John Coltrane 'Ascension' (Impulse)

Embryo featuring Charlie Mariano (Basf)

to finish the night...
The Psychedelic Elevator - We Are The
Colin Blunstone - One Year
The Yardbirds - Little Games

Email  

Yeh Mark,that Colin Blunstone "One Year" album is a real thing of beauty,beautifully arranged and the breathy vocals are just sublime,a BIG fave at Robertson Towers!!
Anyway heres what i've played:
Methuselah
Sandrose
Beau-Creation(nice album with 3 psychlike tracks featuring the way we live/Tractor)
Fever Tree
Them-The Story of Them
Fairport convention-(1st cd from at the bbc box set)

Email