Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Lyrics

Hi
I don't understand why a international product like 60s Uk or Us psych cds not contain lyrics of these beautiful songs, so I'm italian and i'd love to' know what is meaning of that song. For ex. I'm searching for Shirley of Cliff Wade and laura's garden lyrics but it is impossibile to find on line!!!!!
This is not right and stupid.

Email  
Re: Lyrics

Quote: Roby
Hi
I don't understand why a international product like 60s Uk or Us psych cds not contain lyrics of these beautiful songs, so I'm italian and i'd love to' know what is meaning of that song. For ex. I'm searching for Shirley of Cliff Wade and laura's garden lyrics but it is impossibile to find on line!!!!!
This is not right and stupid.

Hi Roby!
You're apparently the third Italian member on this forum and very welcome.
I see your point and, believe me, it's often an issue to me too .
If you like, give me full details of the exact tracks you need lyrics of and - who knows - I may be of help if I have them on my shelves: I have almost only vinyls (LPs, EPs, singles) and sometimes lyrics are included, differently from the CDs editions. To be honest, sometimes it is viceversa!
Anyway we can try. No warrant, but I can do my best.
Be detailed though.
Ciao
Bernardo

Email   deleted   Website

I'd like every lyric from Uk 60's pop psych era, for ex. Laura's garden, riding on a wave from Turnstyle, all from Status quo psychedelic, rubble and fading yellow style, ecc.. It's simple, It needs to add lyrics in evwery cd reissue of this fantastic music.

Email  

I suspect I can't be of any particular help then, but I promise to check.
To add lyrics to CD reissues is indeed not simple as far as I know, mostly for copyright reasons and/or contracts between companies.

I noticed Peter Daltrey edited a book with kaleidoscope (one all my favourite group along World of Oz, Status Quo 60s, Angel Pavement, Majority one, )/Fairfield Parlour lyrics. That's a great thing for me, but maybe little expensive....

Email  

Interesting. What's exactly the title of that P. Daltrey's book?

B.

Go on: http://it.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2913406

Email  

Thank you, Roy.

'Tambourine days' looks very interesting too.
Both books are not cheap though...