UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kaleidoscope

I have vinyl reissues of Tangerine Dream and Faintly Blowing but was after which cd reissues cover all their releases. Is it best to get the cd reissues of the above albums with bonus tracks or the Further Reflections-Complete Recordings compilation? Cheers.

Re: Kaleidoscope

Hi Greg i have the 2 Repertoire cd reissues of both albums which are excellent and feature nice booklets and extra tracks and in great sound too,i haven't bought the"Further Refelections"set,but both Repertoire cds can be picked up at a pretty decent price!!I hope this helps you in your decision!!

Hi,
The Repertoire Cd of Faintly Blowing tags on 2 tracks on the end; "Let the world wash in" & "Medieval masquerade".
These were the 45 release they did under the name
'I Luv wight'.
These 2 are not included on Further reflections.
Apart from that, disc 1 & 2 are identical to the Rep Cds of both albums with the same bonuses.

Don't forget the two Fairfield Parlour albums. Think the reissue with extra tracks is still knocking about.

Re: Kaleidoscope/Fairfield Parlour

Hi All,
Haven't been here for a while!

On the subject of the two Fairfield Parlour LPs, I just found a Burning Airlines/NMC issue of them, boxed, in Oxfam. Absolute bargain, but... no booklet. Any of you good people know where I might find a facsimile? Just listening to White Faced Lady now. Has all the charm and musical intelligence of Kaleidoscope but with perhaps a sprinkling of something that might be world-weary or just age. Less of that verve and innocence from their earlier days. Glorious! Shall be digging Faintly Blowing out next.
cheers
Ian

I like white faced lady but I don't think its as good as the first two kaleidoscope albums. just my opinion of course.

I must be honest here and say i found White Faced Lady overlong and a tad boring,thats not to say its bad,in fact theres some smashing music to be heard but just not the same variety of sound as on the 2 Kaleidoscope albums and the Fairfield Parlour album.Sorry to be a dissenter as i love both Kaleidoscope and Fairfield Parlour,one of the most under rated and best groups from the late 60s in my opinion and how the hell they werent a smash i'll never know.I very rarely listen to white faced lady all the way through.

There's always the much nicer looking but outrageously expensive Japanese mini LP CD box set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kaleidoscope-4-CD-Promo-Box-Japan-Mini-LP-New-peter-daltrey-fairfield-parlour-Z-/280961897047?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item416aa25257#ht_2721wt_806

PM

Agree mostly about White Faced Lady being a bit boring in places but it gets really good around the mid section, the title track, that one about the Indian Head and the absolutely gorgeous Freefall which is one of my fave songs ever but I dont listen to all of it at once much either.