UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time - deluxe & super deluxe

Classic era Hawkwind fans (1971-77) will be pleased to see these two editions of their 1975 'Warrior on The Edge of Time' album - from the master tapes - appear on 25th May. Seems to be an exclusive Burning Shed production (like the 2 x 13th Floor Elevators box sets and the recent Family - 'Once Upon A Time' box set)

https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/collection/483/

The 3 x cd set is a modest £19 and should satisfy most fans whilst the super deluxe with audiphile vinyl and various bells and whistles extras is £80, though that will almost certainly increase in value. Available for pre-order now. I expect I'll go for the super deluxe set, it just looks great!

PM

Re: Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time - deluxe & super deluxe

Do you know what i ordered the LP in 76 and it took 6 months to arrive i still have it too.

Hope it was worth the wait! This is only ther second time the album has been reissued from the amsters. All other reissues are from vinyl dubs as far as I know.

PM

I have an original with the fold out sleeve.

I have the vinyl, no cd super whizz bang can be as good as that. Kinda disappointed that Hawkwind have sold out & gone down the overpriced super pack route. Betrays the whole pro bootleg ethos of the group. Plus there is no way I can spare the £80.

I'm not sure if Hawkwind have any say in it. It depends who owns the licensing rights which may be someone like Universal (United Artists was Hawkwind's label at the time I think). Anyone who already has an original LP only needs to get the CD edition anyway if that. These things are really as much about collecting them as art objects as much as the music. I had all the Hawkwind LPs from 1971's Do-Re-Mi (I never liked their 1970 debut) through to 1977's Quark Strangeness and Charm. I used to buy them second-hand from 'The Cottage' a great second-hand record shop in Brighton in the 1970s. I remember hearing 'Urban Guerilla' on Radio Luxemburg and flipping over it, no-one else would play it. I had all their 45s as well, certainly Hawkwind were one of my formative musical experiences and it's great that some of their best (or at least their most classic) work is getting a decent reissue from master tapes at last. Frankly, I don't see why their 71-77 catalogue could not be reissued as a nice big box in the same way as the Family set, they were on the same label throughout that period(the debut was on Liberty I think).

PM

Yes thats the one i have was offered 25 quid for it once.

flaxton
I have an original with the fold out sleeve.

Yes it was.

Paul Martin
Hope it was worth the wait! This is only ther second time the album has been reissued from the amsters. All other reissues are from vinyl dubs as far as I know.

PM

Triple CD for me then

i am going to see them in Cardiff next month. apparently they are playing the whole album on this tour.

Sounds great hope theres a DVD out.