UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Fleur de Lys

Does anyone have the new Fleur De Lys comp, You've Got To Earn It. Are the previously unreleased tracks good and how many are there?

Re: New Fleur de Lys

Not got it Greg, and like you I'd be interest in the same information. Looking at the track list and from the interview I've read, it looks like the extra tracks are more in the mod soul style than anything remotely like 'Hold On' or 'Circles', but I would like to know for sure as well.

PM

As far as i know guys this collection isnt out till Tuesday,according to Amazon anyway!!Looking forward to hearing this too.

Hi guys,
I've got this on pre order at Heyday, think the release is running a little later than first estimated.
Appears to be 5 tracks not included on Reflections,
I'll be sure to spill the beans when my copy comes!

2 different comps are on ebay one has Reflections Of Charles Brown on this one dosent so the other one looks interesting to buy.

Anyone else received this through the letter box yet??Well i luckily got mine a few days ago,and i can confirm its an excellent collection from start to finish,with informative liners and interview with the only member to be in the group from start to finish the drummer Keith Guster.

What are those extra / previously un issued tracks like Stuart?
Paul

Hi guys
tracks not included on Reflections are;
YOU'VE GOT TO EARN IT...Temptations cover from acetate, I think this is excellent
WAIT FOR ME...This is a completely different song from the one on Reflections, Keith Guster tells the story of how J Page hi jacked the B side of Moondreams with his own composition, the track that appears here is the bands own song, the actual intended B side which I don't recall ever hearing before, an early beat effort,v.lively from a very young sounding band, worth hearing.
LOVE THEM ALL..v.good Sharon Tandy number.
BITTER WITH THE SWEET...Tony & Tandy...the flip of....
TWO CAN MAKE IT TOGETHER
and GOTTA GET ENOUGH TIME....if I remember right the last two tracks here were comped on the S.Tandy set.
So 6 extras..or 4 if you have the S.T disc already.
I love FDL enough to be completist about them but anyone who's not a total Fleurs freak may find that they have all the best freakbeat sides on Reflections already.

My fave Fleur de Lys are the Fleur de Lis. Facing Morning is a stonking album especially for a bunch of Johnny Scandanavians.

Off topic but the names are sooooo similar.

Thanks Painterman, that was helpful. I think I'll stick with the Reflections comp.

Paul