General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lord Sutch & Heavy Friends re issue

Thanx guys

Hi Painterman,i must be the dissenter here,this aint as bad as its made out to be imo,theres some absolutely scorching guitar all through this album,i agree the weakest point about this album is the vocals,but even that is passable and i have heard a lot worse believe me.Theres are 2 bluesy tracks that did nothing for me but other tracks like Flashing Lights,Gutty Guitar and L.O.N.D.O.N(vocals are poor on this) have great guitar on them,and theres loads more guitar to hear throughout this album.Finally i must mention the album cover as it looks like its from swinging london with the union flag rolls royce but 2 years later and the clobber Sutchy is wearing looks if it came from a couple of year earlier too.Album Great....no....enjoyable..........yes on most of it in my opinion,
Painterman ive sent you an e-mail concering this album,if you can e-mail me back mate.Many thanks!!

Heard this now ( ta again Stuart )
Apart from 2 or 3 unremarkable tracks, I think this albums good.
Some brilliant moves from Pagey.
Nice psychy touches on a couple of tunes too.

The reissue of this cd has now been released on Esoteric Records,just received it,sound quality wise its never sounded better,compared to the other 2 cd issues,as i said in an earlier post which seems like many moons ago,not a great album but just strangely enjoyable,some insight into the workings of Lord Sutch and how it came to be that all those top musicians appear on this album are touched upon in the liners,Sutchy a wee bit loose with the truth???Finally some brilliant guitar parts through this,i know this album has had some beatings from folk but i really do think its better than its rep gets........apart from Sutchys vocals in parts.