UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In Praise of the mighty Jagged Time Lapse

Possibly my favourite comp series this..familiar to and probably played to death by most of you on here I would guess, but, hell, whatsa matter with a good old waffle on RZ about the stuff we love!
Love to pick one of these CDs without looking at which vol it is and stick it in the player and shuffle.
Was punching the air tonight while cooking the dinner listening to one of em..after maybe 7 years of listening to these I still get surprised when tracks come on I forgot were on there and get amazed how good it all is, so many of my fave tracks are on there, indeed I first heard them there.Just a great, great selection of tracks that always really hits the spot every time.
Of course I love the Rubble collection but for content I think those 5 little discs with their sometimes poppin & cracklin 45s are just priceless!

Re: In Praise of the mighty Jagged Time Lapse

Hi Painterman,the same chappie(hiya Andy,hope youre reading this and well)also compiled 3 other cd comps titled"Colour Me pop"which are just as good but in a more pop vein rather than pop/psych say,again replete with wonderful artwork,again many tracks i had never heard before.Painterman contact me off list if you've never heard those.But Andy pulled all the stops out for Volume 5 of JTL which came with booklet and liners and photos of actual singles used.I must agree i remember when those first came out the e-zine Sweet Floral Albion praised them to the hilt and quite rightly so too,it was the first time i had heard Dave Clark Five in a pop/psych collection with the marvellous Concentration Baby and other tracks,in fact DC5 did a few cracking tracks that would intererst some on here,but leave that for another day.Painterman its funny you mention JTL as i just copied the whole series onto my i-pod for going back and forth to work.Great listening!!

I haven't listened to either of these sets in years, but it looks like my weekend listening is set now (after I finish with Dave Davies 'Hidden Treasures' and the new Black Sabbath of course... )

I agree. I still remember getting these in the mail and really enjoying them. JTL and JTL5 really knocked me over, but they're all good. Chocolate Soup and Electric Sugarcube Flashbacks got me into such things of course (the latter with DC5's "Maze of Love"...a great track,) but the Jagged Time Lapse showed how many more great songs languished on b-sides or on obscure singles. I found ColourMe Pop ok, but for that kind of thing Pop-In 1,2, and 3 can't be beat,

Hiya Stuart, yes I also have the CMP ones too...Thanx mate.
Hi Mark..I'm gonna get around to doin some of those Mind Blowers for you soon if You'd still like, been trying to put all my Cds onto my new (and first) computer, it's taking forever...most of the MBs don't display any info when you load em and even when you give em a title manually for some reason they all end up in the 'unknown album' section where you end up with a load of track one's together,then track two's and so on, so it kinda messed my baby up! I'm gonna load em up again and I can do some copies for you.

You lot have a good weekend, I'm off to see The Stone Roses tomorrow..Yay!!

These would have to be the best comps that came after the initial batch of comps like Perfumed Garden, Rubble and Choc Soup. Great stuff.

Painterman 64

Hi Mark..I'm gonna get around to doin some of those Mind Blowers for you soon if You'd still like, been trying to put all my Cds onto my new (and first) computer, it's taking forever...most of the MBs don't display any info when you load em and even when you give em a title manually for some reason they all end up in the 'unknown album' section where you end up with a load of track one's together,then track two's and so on, so it kinda messed my baby up! I'm gonna load em up again and I can do some copies for you.

Hi PainterMan,
Oh yeah, defintely still interested in hearing these... thanks! I still have to get around to working on that list though...