UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Dream-Get Dreamy reissued cd

Just received this new cd released by the Shadoks label,not heard this album for years and i forgot how good some of those songs are,listening to "Aint No Use"at the moment...what a fab psych number this is,backward tapes,extended psych guitar parts and a freak out ending,all lasting for over 8 minutes,great stuff,but theres more as this album,as to my ears this is a no bad psych album in places,whatever this Norwegian foursome were taking at the time it certainly showed in their developing sound.Other tracks which tickled my psych fancy are "Do You Dream"which features some great psych etched guitar and swirling organ mixed with trippy lyrics and early electronic sounds,too short at only 2 minutes long,and a great way to end an album.....ive got too far ahead of myself,back to the first track"Green THings from Outer Space",this is another good number with organ to the fore and it still has slight remnants of their earlier soul sound but mixed with the new psych sound to great effect,early Traffic anyone??"You"is a number that has a big Procol Harum sound,melodramatic vocals and that great organ sound.........nice........track nine takes us into Jimi Hendrix territory with "Hey Jimi",yep youve guessed a tribute to Mr Hendrix himself,with acid tinged guitar splashed in colour all over this track.i must admit some of this album sounds like a group in transistion from being a souly type sound into the emerging psych sound,a perfect example is track 2"Emptiness Gone",a sorta loungey vibe with burps of brass invading the sound,another track"Driftin"is a mellow number with a strong soul sound,no acid guitar on this one unfortunately but to my ears sounds like the US Young Rascals,another track i like is "Im Counting on You"a blues vibe on this but with some of that scorching guitar and hammond organ to the fore.but my word there can be NO excuse for the apparition that is Youre Right about Me....i hate this track,once you hear it you'll understand why,but its a shame the guitar is wasted on such a horrid unpsych number...sorry guys,dont like this song!!Marks outta 10 for this album,probably a 6 and a half,just not enough out there psych to give it a higher mark im afraid,tho when psych is on the menu its bloody good and very enjoyable,as i said earlier this group seemed to be in a transitional sound.Its a shame the whole album aint psych!!!!! Anyone else heard this album??

Re: The Dream-Get Dreamy reissued cd

Hi Stuart
I have this on Shadocks CD but im must get around to buying the Shadocks vinyl edition of it.. I also need Terje Rypdal first two LP's..

Not heard 'Get Dreamy' but do have 'Dream Archives' on Pseudonym. Some brill guitar & organ on it.

Different band.
Your Dream are Dutch, these are Norwegian.