UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skip Bifferty in "Smashing Time"

I've just watched this classic cult movie for the first time. It's up on YouTube, which is good as it seems to be really hard to get on DVD these days as it's out of print. Really cool to hear Skip Bifferty in it, and seeing Tomorrow throwing pies.

Anyway, I recognized Skip Bifferty being played at the end of the movie at the party, but is this their only song? I think they're featured in a brief scene at the Too Much store as well, but I could be wrong... Are these songs available on LP or CD? What are they called?

Next up: What's Good for the Goose featuring the Pretty Things. Another classic movie I haven't seen... yet!

Re: Skip Bifferty in "Smashing Time"

You should love Goose, a shockingly bad film utterly redeemed by the Pretties appearances doing their finest Electric Banana stuff (Alexander etc) and looking great at the same time.

I have the soundtrack to Smashing Time and not a sniff of Tomorrow or Skip on it.

From what I gather, Goose is a really high class slap & tickle comedy film. It'll be a pleasure to see it...

On the same subject, are there any other similar movies I've missed? I've seen Blow Up, Here We Go Around The Mulberry Bush, Magical Mystery Tour, Bedazzled, The Bed Sitting Room, etc. Any suggestions?

Goose high class? You must be joking, it's garbage apart from the Pretties!

Andy C
Goose high class? You must be joking, it's garbage apart from the Pretties!

Yes, that was a joke... Sorry about that.

Lyniz Thernkwast
From what I gather, Goose is a really high class slap & tickle comedy film. It'll be a pleasure to see it...

On the same subject, are there any other similar movies I've missed? I've seen Blow Up, Here We Go Around The Mulberry Bush, Magical Mystery Tour, Bedazzled, The Bed Sitting Room, etc. Any suggestions?

For an American style experience, I'd recommend Riot On Sunset Strip from 1967 with lotsa footage of The Standells and Chocolate Watchband and dancing proto-hippies. It's not easy to find due to being held up by disputes over the music rights but I believe MGM do a VOD Disc of it which is pretty good quality but ,sadly,without extras.

Omar
Lyniz Thernkwast

For an American style experience, I'd recommend Riot On Sunset Strip from 1967 with lotsa footage of The Standells and Chocolate Watchband and dancing proto-hippies. It's not easy to find due to being held up by disputes over the music rights but I believe MGM do a VOD Disc of it which is pretty good quality but ,sadly,without extras.

Thanks for the suggestion, Omar. Will check it out!