UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RJ Fox-Retrospective Dreams dbl cd

Been desperately looking for this double cd released by Black Bamboo Recordings of early 70s US group RJ Fox/Oasis,i think this was released in the late 90s or even before,been looking on the net,cant find anywhere to buy it.....can anyone help??Thank you!!

Re: RJ Fox-Retrospective Dreams dbl cd

hi stuart if you google
rj fox rockin through the years
you may find a few clues
i did have 70's cd of OASIS if i come across it ill give it a spin
if you go into their store there are cds to be had

I got this at the time and remember it was virtually impossible to locate. It is a superb 2 discs of exquisite harmony singing with 12 string acoustic guitar/guitar/bass From what I can recall it was not too dissimilar to some of the material Fleetwood Mac or CSNY were producing but to my ears far superior.
I did manage to locate a copy for a friend at the time however it was an expensive purchase way back then. Could never understand why it was not commercially released at the time.

Thanks Phil i found the site you mention,unfortunately the set was sold out but i did buy the unreleased RJ Fox album cd which they had for sale.Still waiting for its arrival.Crystal Voyager you're right finding that double cd available for sale is impossible,i tried loads of sites and mail order sites but no luck.I do have the Oasis cd released by radioactive a few year back,nice album and only 3 quid too.

Hi Stuart - I can offer you this RJ Fox double CD which I bought in the late 90s directly from the Black Bamboo label out of Hawaii.
Long out of print and quite a collectors item. Seldom turns up for sale.
I would sell it for 60.- Euro postage worldwide included.
Just let me know if you are interested.
Kind regards from Germany,Henning

Hi Henning,Any chance you could e-mail me please?Ive tried e-mailing you but it wont send for some reason!!!GRRRRR!!!Thank you,Stuart!!

After many months i at last got my hands on this double cd set from some kind soul who nicely got in touch with me vie e-mail.......i love it,very nice n mellow and harmonious stuff it is too.IMO well worth the hunting and luckily getting it after 8 months or so......just goes to show there are some nice folk out there,and a very reasonable price too which is always good.39 tracks in total with a small fold out booklet stuffed with photos and some liners.One complaint,i wish it had dates when every track was recorded...a very small complaint.But this includes tracks from the 1973 Oasis album which in itself is a good album in its own right.It does say in the liners that the recordings date from 1971 to 1978.I'll leave it there,but to the kind chap who sold me this,thank you.It'll be getting played a fair bit!!!Good sounds!!!!!!! Finally i just wanted to say the music on this set does sound in parts like the fab Homestead and Wolfe recordings under the title "Our Times" which are recordings from 73-75,imo if you like one you'll probably like the other.......or then again you might not....lol