UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Fourmyula Abbey Road recordings

I see this fine 60s New Zealand group have got a new collection released by RPM records of what it seems are the tracks they recorded at Abbey Road studios,i think theres 20 tracks on this all recorded 68-69,if you missed out on the extra fab 4 cd set that was released a few year a go titled the complete Fourmyula,this is probably a good starting point as this features some wonderful pop/psych and other magic sounds.And features some wonderous numbers from the fine pop/psych/sike album Green B Holiday!!Just thought i would give it a mention.Possibly some folk might not know theres a cd out.Theres actually an Amazon seller selling it for just under 6 quid at this moment.....bargain.

Re: The Fourmyula Abbey Road recordings

But alas the RPM set lacks the whimsical 'Daniel The Postman'. Green B Holiday deserves a vinyl and CD reissue in its own right. I think it's NZ's first concept album (?) It's also a great album of its era and stands up against anything else issued then globally.

PM

Agreed, Green B Holiday is for me one of the 2 great Antipodean pop psych LPs along with Once Upon a Twilight. Wonderful stuff.

Which concept album would have come out first? This or La De Da's-Happy Prince.

Green B Holiday was 1968 while Happy Prince was 1969, I think....

An interesting point is that their drummer started the Fiction label in the late 70s who had The Cure amongst others on there.