UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Group 1850 - Mother NoHead: Their 45s

Hi everyone. I'm debating whether to buy this on cd, I'm wondering if anyone else has it, or has heard it? I've got the early Pseudonym cd release of Agemo's Trip..., with lots of these singles as bonus tracks, and I think they're seriously great. For the uninitiated, I would describe them as very powerful psych pop, quite different in fact to the music on the albums.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth getting this cd for the tracks I don't have and also, whether the sound is any good?

Here's a track listing from the double LP:
Track listing
VP99.028 2LP GROUP 1850 - Mother No-Head: Their 45s

Chapter A
1. Misty Night 3:29 – mono
2. Look Around 2:34 – mono
3. I Want More (Finger Tips) 2:03 – mono
4. I Know (La Pensée) 3:11 – mono
5. Mother No-Head 3:25 – mono
6. Ever Ever Green 3:17 – mono

Chapter B
1. Zero 3:28 - mono
2. Frozen Mind 3:39 – mono
3. We Love Live (Like We Love You) 4:28 – mono
4. Little Fly 4.17 – mono
5. Don’t Let It Be (We Have To Do It Now) 3:13 – mono
6. Sun Is Coming (So We’re Calling You) 3:00 – mono

Chapter C
1. Fire 2:30 – stereo
2. Have You Ever Heard 3:34 – stereo
3. Mother No-Head 3:29 – French Version – stereo
4. Mother No-Head 3:36 – Instrumental – stereo
5. 1.000 Years Before 2:37 - stereo
6. Dream Of The Future 2:33 – stereo

Chapter D
1. Sun Is Coming 3:06 – demo - mono
2. Don’t Let It Be 3:08 – demo - mono
3. Falling Mountains 3:34 - demo – stereo
4. Liar 2:31 – demo - stereo
5. Dream Of The Future 2:51 – demo - stereo
6. 1.000 Years Before 2:39 - demo - stereo

tracks 1-6: 1970 Previously unreleased demo versions

REMASTERED IN THE 24-BIT DOMAIN FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES

Re: Group 1850 - Mother NoHead: Their 45s

Sorry, it's not psych pop, more psych rock. I've just given it another listen today and it really is very good. Although I appreciate the significance and sound of their two proper albums, I've decided that I prefer their singles. Are there any bands with a similar sound/approach that can be recommended by someone here?

Hi Skip,i have the new pseudonym cd of the singles and i think its excellent,from the booklet to the sound quality which is excellent,a definite buy mate.Other recent cds to get which i think are excellent are Cargo,Cosmic Dealers and the double Outsiders package which is available of their complete recordings,another set which i surprisingly got a lot of enjoyment from is the Brainbox 3 cd set,plenty of psyched out stuff on there but some with a blues edge.Pseudonyms new repackaging of all those Dutch recordings are great all have great sound and all come with great packaging,and finally the Ahora Mazda cd is another one worth looking out for,though imo not as good as all the others i have mentioned.Go investigate if you haven't already!!!

Thanks Stuart, I'm intrigued by cosmic dealer and brainbox so I'll give them a try soon. I did once have the CQ album but despite getting to know the music I couldn't really bring myself to enjoy it very much. I thought the music relied on too straightforward rhythms for the most part. I might give them another go sometime though, thanks.

I too have been interested in this and wondered if it could be better than the album.
And if we're speaking Dutch, don't forget the excellent Q65.

I have a cdr of some of the 45s and I prefer them to the albums.
This new release has a lot more though so I've stuck it on my wish list where it must stay for now!