UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Twilights - The way they Played

This smashing 28 track CD on Raven label is now back in print.
It contains most but not all of the A's & B's of their 45's and a few album tracks.
A solid comp this, from minor key early Beatles / Holiies style stuff through to quality phased n wobbly leslified pop/ psych. Oodles of great harmony pop with a freakbeat edge sitting in-between...it's all really good.
45 sides like 9.50, Lotus, Coming On Down & Time and Motion study Man are superb.
Even the handful of covers in the early part of this set are pretty decent too.
A worthy companion disc to the excellent 'Once upon A Twilight' album.

Re: The Twilights - The way they Played

Hi Painterman,got this cd years back(longer than i care to remember)and i loved it from the first listen,i love the way you describe it,so i really cant add much more,you described it to a T.Just glad its been released again as its been unavailable for a long time,great for others to hear the delights on the disc.Yes "Once Upon a Twilight"is a very good companion piece,this album has been available on cd released by Aztec Music if i remember right with Mono and Stereo versions on one disc!!Still doesnt justify the horrid "The cocky song",why oh why was that thing included on such a marvellous album?It beats me!!Terry Britten even penned a couple of tracks for Sir Cliff Richard on the album "Sincerely"and theyre rather good from what i can remember.choke,splutter, gasp....Cliff Richard = good.....nah surely not??

Re: The Twilights - The way they Played

Don't mind the Twilights but they are definitely an under £5 band for me. Actually prefer Bobby & Laurie or Normie Rowe. Twilights kind of represent a sort of 60s pop cultural cringe to me (see also Johnny Farnham and asstd others)