UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Love-Forever Changes

Just been listening to this album tonight,i've got the double cd of this and ive been giving the alternate mix cd a listen,what a great album this is,im not surprised this album features quite highly in critics best albums lists,it has everything from scorching guitar to lovely orchestration....just wanted to say what a great album like!!!!Anyone else like this or maybe even think it a tad over rated??

Re: Love-Forever Changes

Like very much

I don't think it is over rated at all, it's the best thing Love ever did (other than '7 and 7 Is') in my opinion. I have the 2 x CD set as well. A nice looking package but I didn't find the 2nd disc really added anything, just a lot of studio banter and false starts etc. So I bought the 'Rhino Replicas' CD series version which is just a CD of the album proper in an exact repro card sleeve as well.

PM

A great album for sure Stuart but alas I may have over played it a bit too much and spoiled my appreciation a little...I've done that with a few faves!
I love Four Sail, almost as good as FC in my humble..

I'm lucky enough to have an original on Electra but with a mono sleeve and a Stereo LP? I also have the 2001 cd with some extras that just don't add much if I remember correctly. But overall a great album.

one of the best albums of all time. I bought the first album and love revisited as cut outs in 1972. did not know what to expect. wow, changed my life.

Another of those bands who should have been big,but were beset by various problems that stopped it happening. Alone Again Or is masterclass.

A great record to be sure, but if I recall the liner notes from the 2001 double-disc correctly, large chunks were recorded with only Arthur Lee and top session players due to various band problems (drugs,disagreements,etc) at the time.

Got a few different versions of this (& at least the vinyl for the rest of their 'proper' releases) love it, how can anyone resist an LP that includes the line
the snot has caked against my pants, it has turned to crystal

Saw the very tight minimalist regurge of this Arthur did a few years ago, bloody brilliant. Bought the dvd of the full blown orchestra etc version of the same period & its nowhere near as good

Paul Martin
I don't think it is over rated at all, it's the best thing Love ever did (other than '7 and 7 Is') in my opinion. I have the 2 x CD set as well. A nice looking package but I didn't find the 2nd disc really added anything, just a lot of studio banter and false starts etc. So I bought the 'Rhino Replicas' CD series version which is just a CD of the album proper in an exact repro card sleeve as well.

PM [/quote

I found an old vinyl copy in a basement shoppe in the Kings Rd with an alternate picture on the back of the Group staring stonedly at a smashed vase flower power indeed

that is the original rear sleeve. makes me think they are making fun of hippies and flower power.