UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Electric Banana

Just got a cd through the door of the recordings from 67-69 of the Pretties alter egos The Electric Banana recordings for the Music De Wolfe company,this cd was just released in 2011 by a company called Enigmatic from Austria,the reason im posting this is to say its the best sound quality i have heard of those Electric Banana recordings,i have the old Repertoire cds of those recordings which sound nowhere as good as this cd,this cd has 28 tracks on it,featuring instrumerntal versions as well as the tracks with vocals,i must say i honestly think this has some of the best Pretties tracks they recorded,with killer psych like Alexander,Itll never be me,Eagles Son,Blow Your Mind,Grey Skies.........all top psych.I must mention the original Electric Banana recordings from 67,where they are accompanied by the Reg Tilsley Orchestra,the tracks Walking Down the Street,If i Needed Someone and Danger Signs have that same sound as some of the tracks on the Emotions album which is of course arranged by Reg Tilsley,i think im in a minority when i say i do like the Emotions album,i know many pretties fans and the band themselves dislike the arrangements on that album,what do you think of the Emotions album??Finally whats your views on The Electric Banana recordings??Be interested to hear your views!!!

Re: The Electric Banana

Agree about the Electric Banana stuff, Stuart. I have the Tenth Planet LP which is sort of a "Best of" of their DeWolfe recordings and it holds it's own against their other 67-68 psych recordings done under their more well-known name. Excellent stuff! My feelings about "Emotions" are well-kown so I shall not rain on your parade.

stuart. I like emotions but would love to hear a band only version.

Flax there is a cd of Emotions with i think about 5 tracks from the album(not at home so i cant check) without Tilsleys arrangements and just the band playing are added as bonus tracks,a really interesting listen mate.

I have the original De Wolfe discs of the Electric Banana material and also the re-issues that came out on the Butt label in the late 1970s (I think). Some classic material on these LPs and think I may investigate this new disc further as I don't have this material on CD other than that which I downloaded a long time ago now.

Like you Stuart I am also a fan of the "Emotions" Lp and feel it has been unfairly dissed over the year

thanks stuart.