UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New FREE Comp "Cobwebs and Strange vol.1" offer

Just sent out a bunch of links. Let me know if any of you have problems.

I'm also really interested in hearing people's opinions on the music and the comp, and how it can be made better.

Love it Kevin. Especially like the Kelly & Ottilie Patterson songs. Thanks very much.

Yeah I'm enjoying it too Kevin. I like the Carnaby b side and the funky Paul Nicholas.
The High sound very British indeed...are they?
Smashing comp.

Glad you like it. Yes, The High are British, formed out of the ashes of Unit 4 + 2 I believe. All tracks on the comp are British Pop Psych.

Thanks for sending them Kev. I'll be away for a few days but will leave my thoughts when I return.

I love The deejays"Striped dream Checked Fear",in fact if i remember right i put this as one of my top 5 UK pop/psych tracks in the recent marmalade skies poll,its a bloody blaster of uk psych indeedy.Great to see it added to a uk psych collection,if i remember right was this not a Swedish only release?Maybe JJ can answer this??

Curious to hear Sandman by Neat Change is it the Box Tops Song?

Thank you all for the kind responses I've gotten on the comp, it means alot. Now I have to start working on Vol. 2

Have to agree with Stuart, Kevin. Deejays is the stand out track for me. It's also a lot different to anything else they recorded from what I remember. The other pleasant surprise for me was the Fortunes track.
Thanks again for your efforts.

Thanks for your mail, Kevin. Unfortunately, I've been away for a few days, and the WeTransfer download was only valid up to Dec. 30th So, any chance of a re-send? geuse@mail2beth.com. Thanks!

doing so, now

Thanks Kevin for this nice comp of tunes I never heard before.

One or two tracks are only OK (not fan of the first one...) but overall it's a very enjoyable work and I am happy to have it in my collection.

What I regret is not to have the publication year of each track : that how it can be made better IMOO.

Thanks for the comp, Kev. Nice collection. Sound quality is a little on the crunchy side but still a good listen.