UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Giles Giles and Fripp-Under the sky

Just wanted to say this track recorded in October 1968 and features as a bonus track on the rather whimsical but tasty album "The Cheerful Insanity of"cd.
It really is a mellow floating lysergic pop gem,starts with the sound of cymbals and develops into a spiraling choir of acoustic guitars with the addition of fluttering flute,rather mellow vocals and electric guitar into the mix,it really is a little beauty and stuck on the cd as track umber 16 on the esoteric cd and its hard to believe this lay in the vaults for over 30 years until it appeared on cd a few year back.A magical number i think anyway,give it a listen and see what you think,be good to see what you think of it.

Re: Giles Giles and Fripp-Under the sky

That is a great little song, Stuart. Your message had me play it for the first time in years. I find all of the songs on the album very enjoyable. Under the Sky did appear as a bonus track on the Deram release of the album on CD in 1992.

I absolutely adore the lyrics to this.

The message is: dont be an anorak. Accept everything for what it is and dont question. "Everything's everything, under the sky."

Peter Sinfeild wrote it and its on his "Still" lp.

Thanks for reminding me that it's on the Pete Sinfield album, Wallace. It's written by Pete and Ian McDonald. Two takes of the song are also on The Brondesbury Tapes by Giles Giles and Fripp with Judy Dyble on vocals and Ian McDonald on vocals/guitar.