UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the comfortable chair

anyone have any information on this band. their album was produced by members of the doors. thanks.

Re: the comfortable chair

I have their 45 'Be Me' / 'Some Soon, Some Day' (ODE 1970) which is cool. I didn't like the album nearly as much, but I haven't listened to it in a long time. They performed 'Be Me' in a club scene in a Bob Hope film believe it or not (something to do with marriage in the title I think). You can probably find the clip on Youtube. Bob Hope in a neru suit is even funnier than Norman Wisdom in a discoteque ('What's Good For the Goose').

PM

Here in fact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNFD4uq4YM

PM

Hi Flax, you just reminded me, I picked a copy of the CD up on ebay a few months back for £4 and it's still sealed, must give it a spin. The track(s) I heard on comps like FY were quite nice US sunshine pop flavoured stuff...

I really like their album,bought it on bootleg many a year ago,has there been a legit reissue of this album?Be interested to know if it has!!!

From that clip, I remember thinking it didn't sound like anything special when I saw it about a year ago, but I'll be curious to hear what others think about the CD. I really like "The Wheel" by Bernie Schwartz, who I guess was in The Comfortabke Chair. That album is quite good. But I think it's a bit grittier. Members of Euphoria are on that album and there's some great guitar. It also includes a very good version of "Sunshine Woman" from the album "A Gift From Euphoria" that is as good as the original. Plenty of other highlights on the album as well.

Relics label Stuart.
Didn't know it was a boot

Excellent lp. I have a spare.

thanks guys.

Don't believe you Wallace. That's not your type of music, but good way to try and flog an unwanted lp.