UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Alan Bown

Can anyone tell me what the difference between The Alan Bown-Self Titled and The Alan Bown-Outward Bown albums are?
Is one an English title and the other U.S?

Re: The Alan Bown

Outward Bown was exactly the same LP as the US released self titled LP, with a different cover. The Alan Bown! was released both sides of the atlantic the following year on Deram, though the US version had the original vocals as recorded by Jess Roden, while the UK version had Robert Palmer's re-recorded vocals.

Austin Osman Hoffman
Outward Bown was exactly the same LP as the US released self titled LP, with a different cover. The Alan Bown! was released both sides of the atlantic the following year on Deram, though the US version had the original vocals as recorded by Jess Roden, while the UK version had Robert Palmer's re-recorded vocals.

Are both Deram versions available on CD?

I've seen it listed as The Alan Bown and Outward Bound and First album, but all with same track listing.
Gian, this album came out on Music Factory in the UK and Verve in the US.

I was asking about the Deram ones

I have the Deram 1st lp from 1970 very worn now i bouight in 83 The Music factory one was 2.50 back in 81

According to Discogs it's been reissued on cd in 2002 and 2010.(the Deram one that is)