UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
T2

I have the It's All work....album and did have what was to be their second album, Fantasy but I've seen that there is another album on the Acme label called 1971-72.
I don't think it contains any of the amazing guitar work of Keith Cross, but does anyone know it and could give any views?

Re: T2

I only have the two you mentioned.
Stuart did a short post on the third one a while back...it's on page 4
G' day!

G'day Painterman and onya for the info. I was away last year when that was up, so thank you.

Speaking of Keith Cross-

• NEWLY REMASTERED OFFICIAL RELEASE OF THIS CLASSIC ALBUM FROM 1972
• WITH TWO RARE BONUS TRACKS
• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL DECCA MASTER TAPES
• BOOKLET WITH FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & LINER NOTES

Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of an official re-mastered edition of "BORED CIVILIANS”, the only album by the duo of KEITH CROSS & PETER ROSS. Keith Cross had earned plaudits as a young guitar virtuoso with the power trio T2 (who recorded an album for Decca Records in 1970).
By 1972 his music had developed still further when he teamed up with PETER ROSS to record this marvellous album for Decca Records with guest musicians such as Nick Lowe, Jimmy Hastings and B.J. Cole.

Highly sought after by collectors of the "progressive” era, "Bored Civilians” has been newly re-mastered from the original Decca master tapes and includes two rare B-sides as bonus tracks. This Esoteric Recordings reissue restores the original album artwork and includes a new essay.

• This CD is released 28th April and will not be shipped prior to this date.

Track Listing:

1. THE LAST OCEAN RIDER
2. BORED CIVILIANS
3. PEACE IN THE END
4. STORY TO A FRIEND SIDE
5. LOVING YOU TAKES SO LONG
6. PASTELS
7. THE DEAD SALUTE
8. BO RADLEY
9. FLY HOME

BONUS TRACKS
10. BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON
11. PROPHETS GUIDERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8_RNMxISs4

I was trawling through the net to try and find out whatever happened to Keith Cross. Certainly a talent who disappeared without trace after the Cross and Ross album.
Came across this clip of T2 in Thailand where he is mentioned in the comments.

Check out all their available albums on YouTube.
I have 'Boomland' on CD only available from Japan .

You'd think a comapany like BGO (UK) would have made this album available by now.
The 2nd abortive album called T2 or Fantasy is available on ACE records .
Unfortunately it's nothing like 'Boomland' , some good tracks but very little of Keith Cross and his amazing guitar.
The album was never finished so got shelved ...

Keith Cross left the band in and around 1971 and then recorded a pretty average folky type of album which was ok but nothing like 'Boomland'

To me it was like listening to 'King Crimson' meeting' Yes'and jamming with 'Bronco' ...

A third instalment of outtakes / demos were released in 2013...simply titled T2 1970-71.
Pretty average stuff.

A live album recorded in 93 was released and to be fair it is pretty good .

One of the saddest little clips I have seen on YouTube is two thirds of the original band playing in a small club in Thailand...

Just think with the right promotion/ distribution in 1970 how things could have been so different ...
Thye were pretty special and could have been huge...

Wrong label Decca - 'now if they had been signed to Island or Chrysalis' !!

Not good just outtakes and unfinished stuff ...
Does round up all the available recorded output of the band from that period ...
Check YouTube all on there .

Someone like BGO reords ( UK) should do what they do with all the other bands of that era and release 'twofer's .

Check them out.
www.bgo-records.com/

Nothing to do with Keith Cross only Pete Dunton with two others playing in some flea pit of a bar in Thailand.
Sad little clip , how the mighty hvae fallen !!
All this stuff is on YouTube...