UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caravan;In The Land Of Grey And Pink.[Triple Set]

Finally got round to listening to the 2nd and 3rd disc and the 1st this week had the set a while but been busy going out a lot ,last night i played the DVD Surround sound and could hear a lot of other instruments fab stuff very pleased with it .

Re: Caravan;In The Land Of Grey And Pink.[Triple Set]

Sounds like a buzz Steve, you might be surprised at this but you know I've never heard an album in 5.1 surround sound. I don't have home cinema or a posh TV or anything.
My mate says I have to hear the Beatles Love album on his system

yes enjoying their first album as i speak not played these in years

Ive never heard anything on 5.1 surround sound either,i bet this album sounds fab on it.....this is my fave Caravan album,definitely a bit more poppier(if thats the word) than If i could do it.....which just happens to be a fine album too,but the self titled debut album is indeed a fine psych album to my ears which has lay outside in the pissing rain looking in on the psych world,this IS a fine UK PSYCH album,no arguments about it.Anyone wanna argue.....lol.......I have to be honest and say lately not a lot of UK pop and psych has been spun on my cd player the last few months,its been mostly US psych gear and garage thats been getting spun...but tonight after loving The Move over the weekend its Juniors Eyes getting spun next,another under rated psych gem(yeh i think this is fine heavy UK Psych).Then next on the list will be Floyds More album,a brilliant cd which i put amongst Pink Floyds best creations,again another under rated gem.Well time to take Improved Sound Limited(a rather fine if at times patchy Deutchland group) of the cd player.Here comes Mick Waynes cohorts coming now.......here we are and proud to play Battersea POwer Station are Juniors Eyes.......loud applause please!!!!...lol.Great album!!!!!!!!

I've been considering checking out Caravan recently, so it's nice to hear what you guys have to say about the band... now it's definitely on the list. I love the first two Soft Machine albums, so I'm hoping the first few Caravan albums are similar (both being part of the Canterbury Music Scene?)

As for the 5.1 surround experience, let me say it IS an experience. I'm not a complete convert mind you, as I only buy the albums that I already love. But when it's done right, it will well and truly blow your mind. The Gabriel-era Genesis box set is truly amazing, as is the aforementioned Beatles Love album. Pink Floyd Immersion and The Doors Perception are also an aural treat.
I almost always listen to music with headphones (we've taken on the task of taking care of my wife's mum for her final years), but occasionally if I get to stay home on a weekend shopping excursion, I'll crank it up out loud, and it's pretty effing awesome.