UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Pretties post Parachute/Debarge

I was just wondering about the recordings the Pretty Things did after the release of the marvellous "Parachute"album,i have never heard any of their albums after this album,could someone tell me what they are like?I dont imagine theyre as good as SF Sorrow, Philippe Debarge and Parachute albums.Im actually listening to the Philippe DeBarge cd as i write this and i love it,its the bridge between 2 absolutely brilliant albums SF Sorrow and Parachute,for a vanity project it really is flipping good,but i still prefer the songs Alexander and Eagles Son as recorded by The Electric Banana,but really this cd is a good un released by the folks at Ugly THings mag!!How did i get to post parachute stuff to the DeBarge album,anyway The Pretty Things are my fave UK group no doubt about it!!!!

Re: The Pretties post Parachute/Debarge

stuart. i used to have savage eye and freeway madness. they were the usual rock music of the times in the early seventies. nothing special though.

flaxton
stuart. i used to have savage eye and freeway madness. they were the usual rock music of the times in the early seventies. nothing special though.

Agreed, the post-Parachute Pretty Things were just another 70s rock band. One or two nice songs like the cute ballad Sad Eye, but certainly nothing special.

this happened to a lot of bands. early albums great then......

Thanks guys,i now dont feel the urgent need to investigate further.....lol........But WOW!!!!!!!What a great group the Pretty Things where/are!!!!I personally think they recorded some of the best psych the UK had to offer,and recorded a fair bit of it too.

I've got Silk Torpedo, and as long as you're not expecting anything like Parachute or SF Sorrow, there's some pretty good stuff on here. Remembering of course that this is when they were on Swan Song and were attempting to crack the U.S.

I agree with the consensus about the Pretty Thing's 70s output. Philip deBarge, Parachute, and SF Sorrow are all great albums though so there's no doubt that they were one of the best UK late-60s groups.