UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Olivia Newton-John-TOOMORROW OST

I still trade cdr-s on occasion. I am trying to find a cd-r copy of Pig Rider Heterophonies 1976 UK.

Pig Rider Heterophonies
looks to be a copy of this on GROOVERS PARADISE

I still do a trade now and then too, simply just can't find some titles or can't afford to pay silly prices when they do show up.

Hi Phil

I do have a CDR of this and I am afraid to say its almost as bad as the discriptions given paint.
It is very much of its time with the orchestral arrangements. It certainly isn't cutting edge in any way. The movie is about a alien race in another galaxy being turned on by cosmic effects produced by a university band (toomorrow) the few rudimentary synthesizer effects must have a far greater effect on them than me- I couln't get excited by them at all. These effects do exist however, the instrumentals "walking on air" and in a few more on "spaceport" and just a dash of keyboard effects on Going back - which also has a touch of country about it.

All the vocal music is standard pop. And sadly on most of these Olivia Newton john is little more than a back up singer. However she does have two tracks of her own Walking on Air - vocal and Going back. These are probably the best tracks on the album possibly as a result of this. She also shares some vocals on two more. One is a bouncy number slightly reminiscent of the Casuals output and the other just a awful piece of drek.

I can't imagine Picadilly sunshine compilers being desperate enough to entertain the vast majority of tracks from this LP. Just my view.

A tin pan alley hack writes...

Sir, I feel compelled to protest in the strongest possible terms at the completely unwarranted slur directed against my august, long running and much loved compilation series Blobadilly Sunshine.

As I enter the compiling of volume five billion and nine of said series, such was the richness and depth of young 1960s aspirant pop stars that I have yet to find it neccessary to plumb the musical depths disparaged by other correspondants on this thread.

I therefore demand an apology and retraction of said slur, or the correspondant will be forced to listen to every volume of 'Now That's What I Call Music' at full volume for an indefinte period until he relents or his hearing gives out.

I remain sir, your faithful reader,

Major Psychosis, late, The Regiment of The Lonely Hearts Club Band

aka M.R. Blobby

Pig Rider - Heterophonies will be re-released by Guerssen Records shortly on vinyl and as a double CD with Bloddy Turkey Sandwiches.ww

Still swap cdr's but usually only stuff burnt from my own collection (which is ONJ free to the best of my knowledge, but does include W B Yeats)

Perne in a gyre

The centre cannot hold