UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Smoke - Dream of Dreams

Not the 'My Friend Jack' band. This single has been compiled a few times lately and was issued on the Revolution label as was Rodney Bewes's 'Meter Maid'. I wondered why I hadn't seen any copies of the Smoke single on the net, I didn't realise quite how rare it is. A mint copy sold on ebay yesterday for £678.77 (28 bids). Kerching!!

PM

Re: The Smoke - Dream of Dreams

crazy money for sure bit for two very good songs! there is soon to be a reissue of this where A side is full version as was cut down for the Revolution release.
best, eggy

That sounds interesting, any more info?

PM

it is the same company that put out the remix of Open Mind and Dakotas I think.
I think they sat it is full version of the A side and then unreleased tracks givn to them by band member.
if I can re find info I will post it here.. tnaks, eggy

Thanks for that Egg. I met the guy who runs that company (Spoke Records I think?) at Birmingham Central uni last year. Very nice bloke and a genuine fan of the music and doing things legit.

PM

yes it is Spoke! that the name. I read up on them in Shindig mag and there are 3 guys who run label. all good things come out there but very long time before each release and that is a shame.
Regarde, Eggy

Seen a clip of the guys in the studio recording "Dreams...", on YT but not there anymore