General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
V.A. / SMOKIN' & TRIPPIN' CD

Looks interesting:

PM

V.A. / SMOKIN' & TRIPPIN' CD

Due soon...New psych compilation from Audio Archives featuring 17 ultra-rare tracks from UK Private Pressings, studio demos and acetates with additional acid-guitar live material.

Acts include The TJ Assembly, The Incas, Projection, Kozmik Kev, Dog Rose, The Underground Set, Metz, Cathedral, Graphite plus classic pop-psych mystery track gem.

Comes with stunning tripped out poster sleeve crammed with rare pics and info

Re: V.A. / SMOKIN' & TRIPPIN' CD

mmmhh... Underground Set are quite Italian actually

I'm not sure it will be the same group Gian, Audio Archives are a very British underground only sort of label.

Paul

Sounds good Paul.
But now I have 'Fairies Wear Boots' stuck in my head...

Is there a website to check this out?

Paul Martin
I'm not sure it will be the same group Gian, Audio Archives are a very British underground only sort of label.

Paul

Well I've never heard of a UK band called Underground Set, but who know... while their first LP was issued in the UK too http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3079830

So let's wait to see...

Like Gian, I'd guess that the Underground Set is the Italian band whose album also came out over here on Pantonic. Dog Rose is presumably a track from the extremely rare but musically dull album on Satril, and I imagine the Incas would be the band of that name who recorded for the Tank label in the late 70s. Projection is probably the 1974 music library album entitled Shades of Rock, which is instrumental and a bit dull. I have a cassette somewhere of the TJ Assembly LP from 1967 - again, very rare, but nothing special musically.

Think I might give this one a miss!

Greg - it's advertised on Heyday, but also on the link below who seem to have a lot of the Audio Archive titles:

http://www.rhythmonline.co.uk/results.php?label=Audio+Archives

So I guess Underground Set is the Italian group then. I like their album a lot, got a repro of it on Guersson I think and an original Italian issue of one of their 45s.

Paul