UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: R.I.P. The Lama

Patrick had serious deep knowledge like no other. A veritable reservoir.

Few have the ability to review with the wisdom and insight of the Swedish Guru. (I can think of only one other, but that is in the world of prog, so I won't bore youse.)

I rarely agreed with his top psychedelic-enjoyment choices - actually found many to be dead boring - but I always was enticed by the power of his drive/devotion to champion and his sage vocabulary. I did not agree with his taste that much, but marvelled at his ability to interest the reader and attempt to sway.

Like I said ,he was deep and serious. You need not read the books - just check out the effort and depth he put into his blogs. And it wasn't a put-on either - even in his daily posts to Psychedelica forum in the old days, he was always a model of clarity and wisdom.

His pidgeonholing of "psychedelic rock"; his delineation of the genre and its borders was sharp, severe, exact.

There was no vacillation with Patrick.

This is very sad news. I always respected Patrick's knowledge even if I didn't always agree with him. He'd just published a book on psychedelic history recently, no? Much too young to leave us, RIP.

Mightn't always agreed with him but always found his writing intersting and knowledgable. Gone way too early. Sad news.