UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ro-d-ys--Just Fancy & Earnest Vocation

Just thought i would let you good folks know that theres a 2 cd set containing both of those fine albums by Dutch group Ro-d-ys,released by Universal,its a no frills product containing both albums on a cd each with no liners and contained in a box with jewel cases........but its dirt cheap and the sound quality is fantastic,i got mine on Amazon for 6 quid...well worth it as both albums are excellent with Earnest Vocation just pipping the post as my fave and is also a pop/psych delight.I know getting stuff by Ro-d-ys on cd has been pretty tough to find in the past,so this comes as a nice surprise that both albums are available with original artwork to boot.To my ears Ro-d-ys are among the best that Dutch psych has to offer,i know the double cd released by Hunter Music way back in 2002 has long been deleted,but even on that collection both albums were not in sequence as the original albums.
Anyone else appreciate Ro-d-ys music????Fab stuff indeed!!!!

Re: Ro-d-ys--Just Fancy & Earnest Vocation

Funnily enough, listened to them just the other night...Love Is Almost Everywhere,
Easy come Easy Go, Peace Ants and loads of others of their songs are pop psych heaven!1

Hi again Stuart, d'ya reckon the sound is significantly better than the 2002?
If so I'll probably pick this up, Earnest Vocation has become a real fave for me

Thanks for the tip Stuart... I didn't know this was available.
My order is in and I'm really looking forward to this one!

Hello Painterman,not much of a difference in sound quality between the 2002 release compared to this release,but i was buzzing about the flat not giving it my 100% attention!!but the 2002 Hunters Music release does not have the tracks in sequence as their split all over the place on the old double cd.Those new ones are a straight reissue of both albums and are terrific albums,and at a very fair price too.Plus original artwork for both!!Sorry i couldnt be of more help mate.The set up for this set is exactly the same as the earlier The Motions release, released last year and at the same price as this one.