UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exception The Eagle Flies On Friday

This also looks good pop pickers....

Due 27/10...Brummie rock band THE EXCEPTION were formed in 1967 by ex-members of The Ugly’s, Dave Pegg and Roger Hill, and talented drummer/writer/vocalist Alan James ‘Bugsy’ Eastwood.

Between 1967 and 1969, THE EXCEPTION issued several singles for CBS and President, as well as a rare album, The Exceptional Exception, which has never been on CD in the UK.

This welcome compilation boasts numerous bonus tracks new to CD, culled from various non-albums singles on President and five previously unissued demos fresh from the vaults.

The band’s debut single, ‘The Eagle Flies On Friday’, is now a collectable Mod anthem. It’s joined here by all their other three CBS sides.

The Exception’s original bassist Dave Pegg and guitarist Roger Hill later joined Fairport Convention (Pegg also played with Jethro Tull).

1. THE EAGLE FLIES ON FRIDAY 2. GIRL TROUBLE 3. GABERDINE SATURDAY NIGHT STREET WALKER 4. SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE PRINCE RUPERT 5. RUB IT DOWN 6. IT'S SNOWING IN THE DESERT 7. HELICOPTER 8. BACK ROOM 9. TAILOR MADE BABE 10. TURN OVER THE SOIL 11. JACK RABBIT 12. KEEP THE MOTOR RUNNING 13. PENDULUM 14. DON'T TORTURE YOUR MIND 15. HONG KONG BLUES 16. ROCK BOTTOM CINDER 17. WOMAN OF THE GREEN LANTERN 18. KAREN TRAIN BLUES 19. TOO MUCH IN LOVE WITH A BAD THING 20. MRS. COCAINE 21. BUM'S PUZZLE 22. WHEN YOUR LUCK IS DOWN * 23. WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD GAL * 24. THESE WOMEN FUNNY * 25. BACH THEME – Instrumental * 26. ABDEL DO DO – Instrumental *

Re: Exception The Eagle Flies On Friday

Presumably the CD I have of this album from yonks ago must be an overseas issue then? I love 'Woman Of the Green Lantern'. I'll have to dig my CD out and compare the track list, not sure if mine has any bonus tracks.

PM

There was a bootleg comp a few years ago, with the singles as bonus track (no demos etc), nice to see a leagl issue out... even if too late for the poor Bugsy :(

Yeh Paul,i have this cd too,not played it for a while but its a mixed bag from what i remember......it was released on a label called Oxford who also released a collection by The Spectrum(which embarassingly included 2 tracks by the Aussie Spectrum)anyway the cd i have has 28 tracks in total,12 which are the original album and 16 bonus tracks which i assume are all the single sides....theres some real marvellous tracks but also some pretty pedestrian white boy blues,But theres also 2 solo numbers by Bugsy Eastwood included(Blackbird Charlie/My Sun)!!
But it will be good to get a legit collection hopefully from the masters and decent liners included in a booklet telling the story of the group(no liners on the Oxford cd) which RPM always do.So yeh im looking forward to this release!!