UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peter Dunton

I just wanted to write and show appreciation of the music of Peter Dunton,this guy recorded some fab psych and prog from the mid 60s to the early 70s,im concentrating on cds here......you have the 2 Please cds "1968/69"&"Seeing Stars"which feature some impressive psych indeed,The Neon Pearl cd which i think is pre Please,The Flies"Complete Collection"which features Peter Dunton in their later days,you also have the 3 marvellous T2 cds"It'll all Workout In Boomland","T2"and"1971-72",all those cds feature excellent pop/psych,psych and what would probably get categorised as prog these days,and most of whats on those cds lay unreleased for years....and i think he also served with the awesome Gun,but not on tape it seems.This guy deserves a psych multicoloured medal for his efforts in the name of the music we all enjoy.If you've not heard much from this chappie i recommend any of those cds,im listening to the third cd in the T2 trilogy at the moment1971-72 and it has some cracking stuff on it,im listening to the track"Closing Your Eyes"which is just sublime with nice flute all through it and some yummy mellotron in the mix too,when i first got this cd i thought it would be inferior to the other 2 cds but it aint,this cd imo is just as good.Does anyone else appreciate this guy and his cohorts music??Shouldnt forget the other members of those groups who brought Peter Duntons songs to life,Particularly Bernie Jinks who also recorded the Bulldog Breed "Made in England"album.You all deserve a big pat on the back and i dont mean a cows pat!!!!!

Re: Peter Dunton

I do appreciate him actually. Even the solo single he made for Rca in the 70s, not psych but brilliant anyway

I do find his vocals a bit samish after awhile, but saying that I'm a big fan of T2-Boomland and Bulldog Breed.

Love pretty much everything he was involved with especially Bulldog Breed. His solo 45 from the early 70s is a surprising double sided treat, sort of progish folkish weirdness.

Pretty sure Dunton wasn't involved with Bulldog Breed.

I think that single from '73 is a masterpiece.
Really original and catchy as hell.
Listen here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvKHgYDw7s

My mistake. He wasn't on the album but would have been in Please at the time. After both bands split up members from each formed T2. I think that's how it goes.