UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eddie Grant-The Equals,Sundae Times & 32nd Turnoff

Just been listening to a few albums Eddie Grant had involvement with,of course most folks know he first made it big with The Equals and the very scarce and stupidly priced double cd "Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys"is essential listening imo,as for the little known Sundae Times-"Us Coloured Kids" released on President subsiduiry Joy label in 1969,i like this album,similar in parts to The Equals and no wonder it does as its Produced by Eddie Grant,of course theres the recently comped"Psychedelic Dream",cant bloody remember what collection...mind like a scive..........anyway theres plenty to like on this wee gem,this really should get a reissue by someone.......oh but i can only dream!!!!!"Electric Tree","Jack Boy","Adam and Eve"&"Angels in the Sky"are just some highlights on this album,nice wee photo on the back sleeve of 3 black dudes dressed in their psych finery and im sure Eddie Grants in their too...anyway next album i have listened to tonight is 32nd Turnoff and their self titled album released on the Jayboy label in 1970,again a worthwhile listen ,some blistering guitar on this album,a kinda psychsoul hybrid with funky moves,i've probably made it sound terrible,but it isnt,again produced by Eddie Grant and again a studio outfit,with our Eddie on vocals im sure...i have absolutely no info about this album except label date and Producer...but picks of the bunch for me are"West Indian Woman","Baby what you want me to be"and the blistering "Charging up for the last time",i also want to mention that the artwork on the sleeve for 32nd Turnoff is very much of its time,but maybe a bit cheesy for 1970,but i love it!!

Anyone else know of any other Eddie Grant dayglo records he had involvement with?im really interested to know if there is any others.
Finally who else likes those albums ive mentioned?Plus any Equals fans out there??
Thanks,
Stuart

Re: Eddie Grant-The Equals,Sundae Times & 32nd Turnoff

Zappatta Schmidt, not really psych but still interesting, check some tracks on the tube

Re: Eddie Grant-The Equals,Sundae Times & 32nd Turnoff

Love The Equals and everything I've heard that Grant was involved with whilst at President Records. I would love to find the Italian 45 of 'Used To Be A Tiger'

PM