UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Treacle People Comp

Stuart, I believe you made this wonderful psych/prog crossover comp quite a while ago. Unfortunately, it seems that I've lost the track listing. I know I could probably identify most of these songs and artists but just to be safe would you mind posting the track listing here? This has always been one of my favorite homemade comps, you have great taste my friend! How about making a follow up comp in the same vein? Thanks Stuart!

Re: Treacle People Comp

Hi Richard,thanks for the nice words mate,im glad you enjoy it,yeh i put this together well over 10 years ago now or there abouts,is it really been that long i ask myself?Its been years since i played this myself,but gimme time and i'll look out the tracklist for it,im bound to have it in one of my boxes of forgotten stuff......lol!!!!!Its a basic little comp with no liners etc,and probably sounds pretty crude soundwise compared to those excellent sounding collections you get now.But im glad that someone still gets pleasure from it!!!Thanks again!!

Found the tracklist Richard,here goes:
TREACLE PEOPLE-THE UNDERGROUND PSYCH/PROG SOUND 1968-72

1.UFO-TREACLE PEOPLE
2.CZAR-FOLLOW ME
3.SALAMANDER-STEAL
4.EAST OF EDEN-MOTH
5.EYES OF BLUE-THE LIGHT WE SEE
6.GHOST-MY CASTLE HAS FALLEN
7.ANDWELLAS DREAM-HIGH ON A MOUNTAIN
8.ARCADIUM-WOMAN OF A THOUSAND YEARS
9.AARDVARK-COPPER SUNSET
10.MANFRED MANN CHAPTER 3-SOMETIMES
11.GRAIL-DAY AFTER DAY
12.HARSH REALITY-GIRL OF MY DRREAMS
13.FUZZY DUCK-AFTERNOON OUT
14.AMBROSE SLADE-GENESIS
15.FIVE DAY RAIN-MARIES A WOMAN
16.LOCOMOTIVE-RAIN
17.HEAD MACHINE-MAKE THE FEELING LAST
18.VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR-NECROMANCER
19.TRAPEZE-SUICIDE
20.SECONDHAND-A FAIRYTALE
21.WATERLOO-BLACK BORN CHILDREN
22.WRITING ON THE WALL-BOGEYMAN
Thats it,gotta remember when this was put together,very little of those tracks where available at the time on nice mastered vinyl or cds,hence some of the sound quality is variable Richard!!You've made my day reminding me of this and saying you enjoy it,as it has been a very long time!!!!

i remember you doing this one stuart. its a great comp.

Count me in as a belated fan too Stuart.
Been friends with Mrs Fitzhenry and her lovelies for many years but only recently met the Treacle People
courtesy of a kind 'zoner.
Great Selection and great cover too.

Many thanks guys much appreciated,your comments have certainly cheered me up,i actually gave it a listen today,it holds together pretty well but man i wouldve loved to have had better sound quality on some of those tracks.....but among my faves is the Salamander track,in fact the whole album "The Ten Commandments"from them is sound,i've bummed this album up for years now,i dont know if anyone takes notice but this album certainly deserves to be heard,oh what i would give to hear this album in sound quality and their story told in liners...i do have the last legit cd of this album released by Lasers Edge(who also released the Plastic Cloud album)but im sure thats now about 20 years ago and was mastered at a very low volume....Paul Martin gave this album a real interesting turn in the e-zine sweet Floral Albion many years ago now which made good reading,wish i could remember the issue....but i cant!!Maybe Paul could point folks in the right direction!!!!Finally has this had a legit vinyl reissue in recent years??If so how does it sound?Im yapping away again,time to give it up as its bed time.....be interested to hear how folks feel about the Salamander album!!

Aaah, those were the days. I remember both Treacle People and the two Fitzhenry comps. Great stuff! I actually came across the second Fitzhenry comp yesterday and will give it a spin later today.