UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local Customs - Cavern Sound (Numero 054) comp.

I've been enjoying this US compilation on Numero. The overal feel of it is very much like an American Syde Tryps / Psychedelic Shlemiels via a little bit of Soft Sounds For Gentle People. It kicks off heavily with Pretty's 'Moustache In Your Face' (also on 'World of Acid') but after that it lightens up for the most part, very tuneful with a fair number of aspirent Family Tree / Chameleon Church type groups. I very much liked Freight's 'One Girl' and American Sound Limited's 'Aunt Marie' in this style. Cavern was actually a recording studio in a cave! Comes as CD or vinyl, well worth a listen. If you like the Steve Stanley / Revola type of artists, this one is not a hundred miles away in many places, though it has variety as is spans 1967-73.

PM

Re: Local Customs - Cavern Sound (Numero 054) comp.

Thanks for the info, Paul.

I am very fan of Local Customs: Lone Star Lowlands and the power pop comp It's All Pop, from the same label. I order this one.

Hi Philippe, yes those are all good compilations as well. 'Yellow Pills Prequill' (Numero 004) is a good set as well if you like the power pop stuff.

Paul

Paul Martin
Hi Philippe, yes those are all good compilations as well. 'Yellow Pills Prequill' (Numero 004) is a good set as well if you like the power pop stuff.
Unfortunately, this is no longer available. But thanks for the info.

Another good album from Numero label (No. 029) is Pisces "A Lovely Sight", a psych-pop album of an unknown American band from Illinois.

Yes Philippe the Pisces album "A Lovely Sight"is a tremendous piece of at times dreamy psych,it lay unreleased for all those years,it really makes you wonder what other psych delights are still collecting dust in some record company vault or group members loft/Attic!!!