UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kaleidoscope - 'White Faced Lady'

Over time I've really come to love this album for the most part.
I think it gets off to a bit of a not very promising start and maybe that had put me off a bit in the past but there are some spellbinding songs on here..The Matchseller is beautiful wispy stuff, the wonderful title track, its church organ or is it harmonium intro always stops me in my tracks...Diary Song has that deep twangy jangling guitar sound thats all over the first two albums and is a reminder of just how powerful and fiery the band can be...there are other great songs of note on this album but the jewel is 'Freefall' my fave Kaleidoscope song and just one of my fave songs by anyone really.
For me there are a few dull numbers on this album but the good stuff is just gorgeous and some of their best work for me anyway....A flawed masterpiece?
What do others think?
Don't think I've seen much mention of it on here...

Re: Kaleidoscope - 'White Faced Lady'

i have not played this for a while. i will dig it out ad report back.

Sorry Painterman,i think this is my least fave album out of the Kaleidoscope/Fairfield Parlour albums.I agree some excellent tracks but to my ears it was overly long and i hate to say this,i found myself getting bored with it.....not to take away anything from the talented guys behind this,but imo it doesnt touch Tangerine Dream,Faintly Blowing and From Home to Home .But how do you follow up 3 great albums like those are?

One of the very first cds I bought. (So maybe I should test it; see if "cd rot" exists or is a myth.)

On Blast From The Past label. Wonder if this cd is worth something now?

Some top material here, but I seem to recal it started weak.
Didn't care for the 2nd or 3rd track with the "please Mr Elvis".

After reading these posts I decided to get Home to Home again. I got rid of them in a cd purge many years ago because it wasn't what I wanted at the time. My music tastes have changed a bit in the meantime and now I really really like it! Recommended.