UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Complete Rubble Collection

All 20 CD's for sale for £40 post free from Rare Record Shop £2 a cd a good price also a nice book with it my orders in

Re: Complete Rubble Collection

Where is this being advertised for £40? Cheapest I can find is £50, which is only £4 cheaper than the Amazon price.

http://www.theraremusicshop.com/various-artists---the-rubble-collection-volumes-1---20-20-x-cd-box-set--booklets-21-p.asp

Nice work Santa's little elf!

I've already got the 2 x 10 Rubble CD sets. From the blurb for the 20 cd set, all I can see that's different to these, other than being in one rather than two boxes is that there are maybe 10 extra pages of pics / info in one of the 2 booklets. Have I missed something?

PM

I'll stick with my vinyl series.

RUBBLE VS FADING YELLOW
which is your favourite? they are both brilliant but which is your personal favourite?
plus when is FY going to be boxed up JJ and nicely priced for new folk interested in the genre?

Paul Martin
I've already got the 2 x 10 Rubble CD sets. From the blurb for the 20 cd set, all I can see that's different to these, other than being in one rather than two boxes is that there are maybe 10 extra pages of pics / info in one of the 2 booklets. Have I missed something?

PM

I was wondering the same thing, but I think you pretty much nailed the facts. It is a great price though for those who don't already have them...

phil-one-shed
RUBBLE VS FADING YELLOW
which is your favourite? they are both brilliant but which is your personal favourite?
plus when is FY going to be boxed up JJ and nicely priced for new folk interested in the genre?

Personally, I wouldn't be able to choose as it depends on my mood at the time I suppose.

That is a good question Phil... how about it JJ? At least re-release volumes four through seven (the ones I don't have originals of - purely selfish reasons I know)

I don't consider FY to be in the same league as Rubble. Rubble is a seminal series with many full blown psych classics, FY is a mopping up exercise of what is left and is on a par with Circus Days/PS in my opinion.

I'm definitely in the Goo Ga Joob camp.

Agreed. The idea of Fading Yellow being anywhere near Rubble in terms of either musical quality or influence is frankly laughable.