UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don Fardon-I'm Alive cd(hip pop and swinging beat)

I know im a bit late as this cds been out since 2003 released on the fine RPM label.I just wanted to say i enjoyed this cd immensely,not a poor track to be had,all 18 tracks are from the years 68-69 and theres some really groovy and danceable stuff on here replete with fuzz guitars and big bass and horns.
I was lucky to pick this cd up cheaply as ive saw it selling on Amazon at a pretty steep price.I know theres a double cd out there of Don Fardons solo stuff and some rather cracking stuff by The Sorrows,but this anthology is priced at 20 quid on Amazon and if i remember right released by Castle/sanctuary,well out of my price range at this time of year!!By any chance has anyone got this dbl cd and willing to sell??Scrounging over........can i please have more gruel sir?

Anyway back to the I'm Alive cd,Don Fardons voice is well suited to most of the music on here,but i must say there are a couple of slower ballad type numbers on here which are not up with tracks like I'm Alive,Coming on Strong,Captain Man,Dreaming Room,6.10 Phoenix Gone and others.Great stuff!!!!!!!!!A well recommended cd of you can obtain at a reasonable price.Also it comes with good liners...but in a fold away and not book type which is quite annoying as i dont like those folding poster-like liners .All in all a real enjoyable 50 odd minutes!!!

Re: Don Fardon-I'm Alive cd(hip pop and swinging beat)

nice album stuart thanks for the heads up mate