UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera Grapefruit edition CD query

Does anyone have the 2013 edition of Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera CD on Grapefruit? I just want to know how it's packaged. Other Grapefruit releases I have are all in jewel cases so I assume this is, though the back cover scan on Amaazon looks like it might be a card / digi sleeve. I have the Repertoire edition CD from 2000, and it looks like there are just 2 or 3 more demos on the Grapefruit issue but otherwise they are the same content are they?

Cheers
PM

Re: Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera Grapefruit edition CD query

Hiya Paul,the Grapefruit cd is in a jubilee case mate but the booklet is far better than Repertoires imo,i cant remember if its Chris WElch who did the liners on the repertoire cd,but if they are that probably means the bets on them being crap are pretty high,the Grapefruit cd liners are by Dave Wells and are thorough with some cracking photos to be had in a 13 page booklet.Repertoires cd has 19 tracks the Grapefruit cd has 24 tracks.I know you dont like jubilee cases Paul and i agree jubilee cases arent as good as those digipaks or whatever theyre called,sick of replacing burst jubilee cases coming thru the mail,really annoying!!!Anyway Paul i hope this helps!!

Thanks Stuart, that's very helpful. I may upgrade, as you say, Dave Wells knows his onions so the booklet will probably be worth it on its own. I may though just plump for the Japanese mini LP CD edition on Airmail (which has about 22 tracks I think).

Cheers
Paul

whats a jublilee case?

I think Stuart meant a jewel case. A jubilee case is a a rare psychiatric condition where one thinks its 1977 all the time, holds street parties and complains about the Sex pistols.