General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Courtyard Music Group

Please support -I just put my order in

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/courtyardmusicgroup-1974-rare-reissue

Re: Courtyard Music Group

Wow! They're certainly intent on raking in as much money as they can, aren't they?

Yeh Paul i've just pre ordered this cd too,16 quid for the cd,a lot to pay when you're buying a cd without hearing the album first or even knowing the blooming group untill i saw your post!!Described as acid folk,is this description correct? a question for anyone whos heard this group.Much obliged!!

There's several tracks from the album on Youtube Stuart, e.g. 'Song For Claire'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mz0CPzZ9q0

PM

OK OK

point taken about the price- but I would take it that the proceeds are going to the original group (at least I hope so) and it gets a great write up in Galactic Ramble where is compared to Caedmon and Stone Angel. How many of us can say our collections do not have at least a few boots in them? So this is an alternative route to re-issue legit LPs without recourse to the uninterested record companies which I thought some people here might like to support.

Maybe some would prefer to try this-

Sommor presents the first ever legitimate reissue of Oberon's A Midsummer's Night Dream, one of the rarest psych-folk albums from the UK, originally released in 1971 in a private edition of 99 copies. Oberon consisted of seven young musicians who met while studying at Radley College in Oxford. Drawing upon such influences as Fairport Convention, The Pentangle, King Crimson, The Incredible String Band, and Sandy Denny, the group created a stunning piece of progressive folk. Fantastic sound and recording quality, killer flute, guitar, violin, haunting vocals, and medieval atmosphere. Now digitally remastered by band member and sound engineer Jeremy Birchall, the record sounds better than ever. Includes extensive liner notes and rare pictures.

I have the Oberon cd released by Audio Archives label that was released in 2000,i'll have to give it a listen as ive not played it for many years,it has a very distinctive front sleeve,very attractive actually...as for Courtyard Music Group,i really hope they get all the pledges they need to get what sounds like a smashing and well put together cd.So thanks Paul for bringing this to our attention!!I hope i never come across as being a moan about the 16 quid pledge(price)!!!