Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Waddya wanna hear?

Had no idea about that one, Painterman.

I do have the original vinyl on it. What I would like to see is a direct from the master tapes reissue with full liner notes with any and all non-LP material included.

I have this. It's on O Music from Germany, I have no idea if it's an official release (I've never heard of the O Music label before or since), but it is a very clean sounding CD. If it's not from the master it's pristine vinyl.
The liners just contain the notes from the LP (standard 60's questionnaire type bio - date of birth, family, favourite Beat Groups, etc. - and Mike Tingley's personal notes and thank you's.

Mortimer's second album recorded for Apple but never released. I really like their first self-titled albumn on Phillips.

PM

I only have a needle drop cdr from the Mike Tingley LP, and one other 45 from a couple fo years later. I also have a 45 he did (again only in Netherlands) from 1973 or 4, so he obviously recorded for longer than the one 1967 LP and the couple of 45s in the 60s.

PM

The Lodestone German LP (ex-Cymabline etc) still missing among the prog reissues (I think...), the second Anno Domini LP, the unreleased Mehuselah, the second Open Road LP (announced bu stil not available), Poete & One Man Band with both US/UK tracks...

PS: and I vote for Hot Potato/Mortimer 2nd/Tingley + bonus too

Just out of interest i would like to hear the Shakane album,so a reissue of that would be good!!Also one album that is getting a release is the unreleased album By Edwards Hand titled"Rainshine"which ive wanted to see a release for a while,so im pleased about that......Also a good cd reissue of Salamanders "Ten Commandments"album,i know Guerssen released a vinyl only version,would love to see that out on cd again as the Lasers Edge cd is pretty crap sounding and very old now!! The unreleased album by Honeybus "Recital"would make a fine release for a label like Grapefruit or RPM...would love to see the whole of this album get a good cd reissue.Glad someone mentioned the unreleased second Mortimer album,as that first album is bloody excellent...and a real strange choice and from an unlikely quarter,i have heard the tracks on the Mixed up Minds comps from (GULP) The Grumbleweeds and taken from their "72 album"In a Teknikolor Dreem"so i would like to see that album get a cd reissue just so i can hear it all(im a selfish bugger...lol).Ya know i cant think of much more at the moment............

About Shakane I was about to doing it for Night Wings but had to cease it for the good. They had actually two albums and my option would have been 2 different compilations, one rock/prog oriented an the other one more glam oriented, I made myself a couple of cassettess and they worked really well

Another good one would be the unreleased "electric" Third Ear Band album (The Dragon Wakes), it looks Denim Bridges has the tapes but... anyway there should be an interesting compilation out soon, with the National Balkan Ensemble sessions and other unreleased material, check the very informative Ghetto Raga blog: http://ghettoraga.blogspot.it/

The unreleased LP recorded in UK just prior to Puzzle by Mandrake Memorial. Apparently a member of the band has an acetate of it, but not sure if the master tapes exist still

The unreleased album by Mandrake Paddle Steamer.

The unreleased album by early Robert Palmer group The Mandrakes.

The unreleased new wave LP by Mandy and the Rakes.

The original score for Mandrake The Magician!

Staying serious, would it be possible to have an official reissue of the two beautiful Don Shinn albums + that single?

I'm still hanging out for more South African psychedelic reissues. There was not much there to begin with but most still languishes in need of real reissuing. I especially point towards Quentin E Klopjaeger's Fantasy album. I have typed his name in search engines so often over the years that now that I can spell that name without a second thought.

Just read on Heyday about a forthcoming release of the shelved second album by Fields. I had read about it on the press of the era but thought it was not finished! ANyway the only strange things is that among the tracks announced there is no trace of the single "Yes I Do" announced for July '72 and shelved as well...

A cluster of Aus/NZ bands from my yoof (with extras of course) - not all good music I admit
All the Red Hot Peppers stuff (I have two of them on LP & all on tape), Mother Goose, Ferrets, Shyhooks, Cold Chisel, Angels, Madder Lake, Redgum, Bobby & Laurie, Wendy Saddington etc etc

I agree that the unreleased Honeybus album "Recital" should be released in its who. The same goes for Badfinger's "Sing For the Song" (aka "Straight Up" early version) and especially their last album with Pete Ham, "Head First", taken for the original Warner master tapes.

Frothy, Madder Lake albums have definitely been reissued on cd with bonus tracks. On Aztec, so always a great package.

Justin
I'd like to see the Hot Potato (1973 or 74 UK private pressing) album reissued. Had a tape of it many years ago and remember it as a strong melodic pop LP in a similar vein to early solo McCartney and Gerry Rafferty.

Been trying to track down the members for years with no luck...

Unlikely but I'd be cool if it ever gets reissued.

Pytolomy Psycon Loose Capacitor 10" EP 1971 Private Press UK.

@rse, missed them somehow. Ta for the heads up

Re: Mandrake Memorial U.K

This tape has been found. It will soon be released including an unreleased song from an acetate taken from the Medium sessions found on ebay a while back - it is sung by Michael Kac (R.I.P)

Which one? There's lots mentioned here.

Mandrake Memorial by the look of it. I can't wait!