UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Majority One

Listening to the album by Majority One....i just wanted to say what a fantastic album this is,from the first track"Feedback"with its fuzzed up guitar and catchy chorus,"Rainbow Rocking Chair"is just sublime,a real mellow number,the catchy and beegeeesque"A Cigarette a cup of Tea",the fab "I nearly Died"which for some reason got left off the RPM cd "Rainbow Rockin Chair"which is a must have collection!!!the beautiful and mellow"Looks Like Rain"with its understated strings,"Glass Image"is a top notch piece of uk psych to my ears with its bursts of strings,"Because I Love"is another beautiful track with treated vocals and its spiralling acoustic guitar mixed again with lovely strings,"Love Came Today"is simply a brilliant little pop song which will have you lalaing along,"Depths of My Mind"is another winner with some electric guitar making a pleasant appearance in the chorus and elsewhere,"I Dont Mind The Rain"is pure bliss,such a beautiful song with some fab harmonies and those acoustic guitars fighting with each other,pure psych heaven!!"I see her Everywhere"is full of strings which give it a slight baroque pop feel again with lovely harmony vocals which are excellent all through the album,"Roger La Frite"the second track to be left off the RPM collection is a harder and more electric than most tracks on this album,they can cut it with tougher stuff too,im puzzled as to why this was left off the RPM collection as its a blinder of a track,a real harder piece of psych,"Revelation"is just a 40 second snapshot of heavenly vocals..........and the final track is a pure belter of late period freakbeat/psych "Get Back Home"with its enormous sounding fuzzed up guitar which dominates all through this track,an absolutely cracking way to end an album!!!This album needs to be heard by every UK psych enthusiast as its a non stop enjoyment of heavenly harmony vocals,strumming acoustic guitars,fuzzed up mayhem and those lovely strings and just all round great songwriting.On the cd i have of this album,it states the year of release was 1971,but its sound belongs more to 1968....i mentioned the RPM collection a few times,this collection is great with 18 tracks to be had,but the actual album has to be heard in all its glory and the songs in their right order,also the actual sleeve consists of a negative photo of 5 long haired freaks.........in one word........MAGIC!!!!!!!!!This has to be in my top ten of albums made by a UK group,i think its that good.....does anyone else love this album?????Pure brilliance...............

Re: Majority One

Very sad that a couple of the strongest tracks on the Majority One album were left off the rpm CD even though there was enough space for them to be included. I was told at the time that the compiler just didn't like those tracks so decided to leave them off. An incredibly stupid and selfish decision.

What a silly thing to do, to borrow a phrase. No point in taking tracks off of a CD if there's plenty of room. I have the Majority One album, but it's been a while since i played it. After reading that review, Stu, I'll have to revisit it. Thanks!

there is a US(legal?)digi-pack edition,with all the lp tracks plus all the singles.i´ve sold my rpm-copy for this,i´ll do it right!

Yeah, I bought as soon as issued this comp cd, I'm agree with you. Love came today is in my top 10 list!

I always assumed the RPM to be their complete recordings from that
period..what a shame.
Still a lovely listen tho..