UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The post - Nash Hollies

confessions of the mind is a great album.

I have the wonderful Nash box.
The only post Nash one I have is Sing Hollies which I haven't played in ages...
the song..'Don't give up easily' sticks in my mind for sounding like the classic line up stuff and is quite psychedelic.
After reading this I'll need to investigate Confessions of the Mind..it sounds the business.

Absolutely LOVE The 60s Hollies stuff,a fave band of mine....i have the albums on cd of Hollies Sing Hollies and Confessions of The Mind albums which i have NOT spun for many years,but after this good post i shall take them from a dusty shelf,i must plead ignorance and admit i've never looked at their stuff after that,i will investigate further and try and get "Distant Light"(cheap to buy) and"Romany"(which aint cheap to buy).As for the boxed Nash Years collection,that is a big fave of mine,blooming marvellous stuff for 13 quid odds...buy of the decade....lol!!!!

What i was glad to hear on the Nash Years set is the live set on cd 6 from the Butterfly era,they sound astounding to my ears and the live rendition of Butterly is great.....the psych era Hollies are tremendous,and totally and utterly under valued,their attempts at a psych sound in 67/68 are bloody good and should be up there with (GULP) The Beatles psych stuff and much better imo than The Rolling Stones psych gear.Maybe a bit controversial to say that but thats how i feel about The Hollies!!!!!!! But i shall investigate the early 70s Hollies!!!!!!!!