UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kidrock / Clover

I came across the British B side to Kidrock's 'Ice Cream Man' called 'Dream Dream Dream' on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPSNTBhuG-E

(Published on 2 Aug 2013)

'This the a British group called Clover recording under the name Kidrock, which was supposed to be for an album of kid's rock music, which never happened. What did happen was the classic UK single "Ice Cream Man" was released in 1973 on the Young Blood International label. This is the b-side and is equally as catchy. This is not the American rapper Kid Rock, whose monicker is made up of two words, not one.'

Of course 'Ice Cream Man' was listed as being by Clover on the Circus Days comps. I never knew it was part of a projected album of kid's rock. As you can hear if you check the link, 'Dream Dream Dream' is a beauty. I think it might have been compiled somewhere it sound s familiar. It seesm it was only the B side of the UK pressing though as the international versions I have seen (Spain, Netherlands) have the also great but glammy 'Dr Rock' as the B side.

I wonder if Clover actually recorded the music for the whole kid's rock project, or if at least, if there are any other unreleased tracks of this quality by them?

PM

Re: Kidrock / Clover

Don't know if the old Sweet Floral Albions are still available on-line, but they definitely covered the whole Kidrock saga and the aborted concept album in considerable detail. 'Dream Dream Dream' is also featured on Circus Days, as is 'Auntie Annie's Place' (another song from the aborted LP).

Of course! I'll dig out my CD Rom of SFA's and look for that article. Clearly Circus Days is where I have heard Dream Dream Dream before, I'd just forgottten (or was it a dream!)

Cheers
PM

I had an idea this was the American band Clover and they became Huey Lewis and The News. Played with a lot with the other pub rock bands of the early 70s?
Could be completely wrong of course.

hello there guys I hope 2015 has been good for you so far?

I think this Kidrock were not real band but session people on a project. it is interesting that the 'Doctor rock' song was also release as instro also on Youngblood under name of THE DAMNED https://youtu.be/6tBagKnxzng

regds, eggy