UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic Sound

I just wanted to say that i think this South American group made one of the best psych albums from that area in the excellent"Virgin",this is such a fine album it made me buy the others in the 4th album "Lux" and the third album commonly known as "Tibets Suzettes",theres one album missing from this collection and that is the debut "A Bailer a Go Go"(i think thats its title)which has just saw a cd reissue but only 300 are being issued by Lion Productions,and a bit pricey too.....is this album a good un??I know it has covers on it....is it an all cover album??I must say i love a lot of Latin American stuff...my newest addition to this collection is an album by Os Brazoes,a self titled album from 1969,reissued on cd by Mr Bongo label and its a good one.To be honest after the US and UK psych stuff discovering the south american stuff opened up a whole new interest for me,starting with Os Mutantes,Gilberto Gil,Gal Costa,Caetano Veloso,mainly members of the Tropicalia scene...but my interest grew past the Tropicalia stuff to the likes of Laghonia,We All Together,Traffic Sound,The Speakers,Los Walkers,Los Shakers,Gabriela,Kaleidoscope,Color Humano,Los Yetis,Los Yorks,Los Ovnis.....and many many more,some great psych and garage came from there and the Los Nuggetz 4 cd set of garage stuff maybe a good starter for someone just getting into the garage side of stuff,personally i was slightly disappointed in this book set as most of it is cover versions,i was hoping there would be more self written stuff by the groups included on it........but tho i was slightly disappointed i am glad i bought it at the time.
Och im waffling on again....sorry.....anyone have anything to say about anything i've said in this post?Any other South American music geeks out there??

Re: Traffic Sound

I like it too Stuart, but maybe not to the extent that you do. Here's some others you may or may not already know.

Los Vidrios Quebrado
Aguaturbia
El Alamo
Gerardo Manuel y El Humo
Pax

I'm also a big fan of Laghonia's Etcetera. I like quite a few songs by Traffic Sound but personally found their albums a little inconsistent. I may check them out again though. I've tried a few other bands you've mentioned but don't have any in my collection. I could never get into Os Mutantes but then I'm not really the biggest fan of the Beatles stuff either which it seems based on. Thanks for the recommendations.

The first Som Imaginario album is really good, as is the Telegraph Avenue LP.

Definitely agree about Laghonia Skip. Plus an earlier album of theirs in Glue is also well worth a listen. Another good ban not listed is Kissing Spell.