UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tomorrow mono vinyl reissue!

I have always suspected that the entire 60s reissue industry reads and closely monitors RZ, and as if to prove it, hot on the heels of the recent thread on Tomorrow's LP in mono, here is a vinyl reissue of the mono album:

http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/tomorrow-limited-edition-1lp-mono-140-gram-splattered-vinyl

At £24 the recent Jap mini LP CD edition represents better value, but if you have always wanted a vinyl copy, here it will soon be. Personally, I don't think issuing it in multi coloured spaltter vinyl does it any favours. If you're being true to the original design of the centre label as the blurb implies they are, then why not keep the vinyl true to the original. Anyway, at least you have the mono version available in vinyl at last.

PM

Re: Tomorrow mono vinyl reissue!

This is on the list of releases for Record Store Day 2015, along with mono versions of The Gods' "Genesis" and the Rainbow Ffolly LP.

Re: Tomorrow mono vinyl reissue!

And both sound superior in mono to my ears. I have actually just heard the stereo Tomorrow LP after only knowing the mono and I can say the stereo mix is largely a dog's dinner, particularly the mixes of the 2 45 A sides and Timothy Chase which just sound like the mono mixes with some ham-fisted severe panning. Horrible.