Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring - expanded 2 CD

Might be nice!

PM

Released 25th May on Esoteric

Spring - S/T 2xCD expanded edition

 A COMPLETE NEWLY REMASTERED & EXPANDED OFFICIAL TWO DISC RELEASE OF SPRING’s CLASSIC 1971 STUDIO ALBUM

 WITH ADDITIONAL CD FEATURING 12 BONUS TRACKS RELEASED OFFICIALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME

 REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES

 FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY

Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a new expanded and remastered two CD edition of the classic 1971 album by the British Progressive Rock group SPRING. Spring came together at the end of the 1960s and their unique brand of Progressive Rock caught the attention of Kingsley Ward, the founder of Rockfield Studios in Monmouth, when the band’s van broke down in the town on the way back to Leicester from a concert in South Wales. Through Rockfield, Spring came to the attention of Gus Dudgeon and Tuesday Productions who signed the band to a recording contract. The album “Spring” was released on the legendary RCA NEON label in 1971 and featured a line-up of PAT MORAN (Vocals, Mellotron), ADRIAN MOLONEY (Bass), KIPPS BROWN (Keyboards), RAY MARTINEZ (Guitar, Mellotron) and PICK WITHERS (Drums, Percussion). Produced by Gus Dudgeon, “SPRING” has now become regarded as one of the great unsung masterpieces of the classic Progressive Rock era. This album has now been remastered from the original master tapes and also features a bonus CD of twelve tracks, released officially for the first time, of material intended for a second, unreleased album. Remastered from tapes in the possession of the estate of Pat Moran and in the vaults of Tuesday Productions, this Esoteric Recordings release is the definitive edition of this classic album.

Re: Spring - expanded 2 CD

I love a good bit of mellotron and at times these guys had three going at once, but for some reason that I can't really put my finger on, I can't really get into this band. Don't dislike them but don't love 'em either.

Re: Spring - expanded 2 CD

I found this album took a bit of time getting into but it's now a favourite of mine. I think the melodies are wonderful and I don't think I'll ever tire of it!

I think I've heard a few of the non album tracks on my current cd and they're not very good to be totally honest.