UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sweet Floral Albion e-zine

I have been dying to get these back issues again. Lost them all to a hard drive crash.

Yes!!!! SFA Reborn!!!!! A gift for the ages!!!!

Hello, all,

'It's all so long ago
and I just didn't know that everything would go so fast'

Yes, the e-versions of SFA have faded into the ethereal twiglet. And our email accounts gave up the ghost years back.
Somewhere in a cardboard watch in the attic of my mind, under a pile of pictures of wedding dresses and close-ups of Marlon Brando, I still have a full set, set, set.

As some of you will remember, the first couple of issues were 'proper', printed zines (A4 sized, a la 117). But these were pirated almost soon as they appeared (very annoying!); so this, plus the time/financial cost of printing/mailing meant that Dave decided in his lovely way to simple produce the mag and give it away.

Laura's Garden managed one (illustrated) issue; a second - pretty much finished - lurked on the pc machine for a while before falling off the mountain of madness.

'There are sparrows and fountains and roses in my head.
Sometimes I don't have enough time to think of loving you.
That is very wrong.'

PC (ex-Ed. SFA)

Hello Mister Cross,great to hear from you,i hope alls well with you and life is treating you good,yeh i cant believe the time that has passed either,is it really 10 years since the last SFA?Bloody hell i was thin then ,had hair and good eyesight.....its all just gone to the dogs!!!!.....oh and i had a girlfriend too......now i dont have any of them.....lol.........!!!
Paul im still listening to the psych but mainly US stuff these days,but i do remind myself now and then of how good and different from the US model UK psych is.Anyway Paul,nice to see your name on here,thanks for the effort yourself and Dave put in to SFA,it was indeed a barrel of fun,i have them all stored away in a folder or 2,all printed off and in order(must say thanks to the work,for the printing and paper),Good times!!!!!!

Just wanted to second what Stuart said Paul. Do keep in touch and if you ever get the urge to have another go at something SFA inspired, let us know.

Paul M