General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lots more new stuff

Lots more new stuff-

Smiling Men With Bad Reputations (CD)
by Mike Heron
This is the 1971 solo debut release by Mike Heron of the Incredible String Band.

The trademark folk and Celtic style remained intact, but Heron has added his own influences of progressive rock to the album.

Includes a wealth of special guests on the album including Pete Townshend, Keith Moon of The Who, and Ronnie Lane of Small Faces, Elton John and Jimmy Page plus half od Fairport Convention.

Bango (Vinyl LP)
by Bango
When the Brazilian band Os Canibais went into the studio to record its second album, they left the Jovem Guarda (the country’s answer to beatlemania) days behind and came out with a new name, Bango, and a new sound – that comprised psychedelia, hard rock, pop, soul and even Brazilian country music. Bango’s only LP was released in 1970 but besides being well recorded and having an inspired repertoire, had little success.

After a few concerts, the group broke up and the record went into obscurity (later, some of the band members became notorious producers for Brazil’s biggest record companies). With the years, Bango self-titled album (the band’s name is an old slang for money but also a plant used to make hashish) became a legend in its own right and started to gather attention. The reason is obvious: songs like Inferno no mundo and Motor maravilha are killer tracks with amazing use of fuzz and wah-wah, gritty Hammond organ sounds, loud drums, catchy chorus and crazy moods that listeners will dive in even if they don’t understand the (Brazilian Portuguese) lyrics. And, of course, its beautiful monstrous cover art.

On the other eight songs of the LP, the band goes from hard psych to soft ballads, from irreverent to phantasmagoric, from Heaven to Hell. If you like bands like Os Mutantes and the lost Brazilian bands from the late 1960s/early 1970s like Spectrum, Liverpool and A Bolha, you will definitely dig Bango! This forgotten gem have been re-released once by a German label but was out of stock from years. Portugal’s Groovie Records is now putting Bango’s LP out with an exclusive and never before released bonus track, a cover of Elephant’s Memory Mongoose.

Bango: Aramis Barros (vocals and guitar), Elydio Barros (vocals and bass), Max Pierre (vocals and drums), Roosevelt Tadeu (vocals, organ and piano) and Fernando Borges (guitar).

One And One Is Two: Complete Recordings 1965-1967
THE STORMSVILLE SHAKERS and CIRCUS with PHILLIP GOODHAND-TAIT (Artist) RPM CD

Product Description
Led by budding songwriter Phillip Goodhand-Tait, The Stormsville Shakers were one of the best-kept secrets of London s R&B/Mod scene of the mid-1960s. Also included are several tracks by post- Stormsville Shakers band Circus, who mixed soul and pop with psychedelia. Again, several archive tracks debut here. Phillip Goodhand-Tait s rare solo single is also included; he would later enjoy significant success as a songwriter for the Love Affair, among many others. Phillip has written the sleeve-notes for this special compilation, as well as providing rare visuals for the booklet. This 27-track compilation reveals The Stormsville Shakers as one of the tightest bands on the scene, up there with The Blue Flames and the Rebel Rousers! Also why they were picked to back visiting US R&B star Larry Williams on stage and on record at the time. Attention train-spotters: the CD is named after the band s version of the obscure Lennon/McCartney song...

Original Album Series - (5CD)
by Terry Reid

and a re-release of

Original Syn (2CD)
by The Syn

Great double CD collection from legendary pre-Yes prog-rockers, The Syn. Chris Squire and Steve Nardelli first met in 1965 at a local battle of the bands. They went on to form 60 s psychedelic rock outfit, The Syn. After their split in 1967, Squire went on to form the band Yes. This release is a double CD which charts the history of the band from 1965 to material recorded in 2004. It comes with a 16 page booklet charting the bands early history with an intro from Phil Collins.

Re: Lots more new stuff

Cool!
Thanks Paul

Re: Lots more new stuff

I Feel Good - The Essential Purple Flashes Of Larry's Rebels 1965-1969

Top hitters on the New Zealand 1960s pop scene who recorded storming versions of mid to late 60s mod pop-art songs plus same vein own compositions. A pop band with a bluesy bite they were somewhere between the Animals and Paul Revere & The Raiders, driven on by an insistent keyboard-organ led sound. The Rebels backed Paul & Barry Ryan, toured with The Easybeats, The Walker Brothers, Roy Orbison, The Yardbirds. Guitarist John Williams even depping for Jimmy Page at one show when Page was unable to perform. The Rebels were electrifying live cementing their big reputation and maintaining their national profile which covered Australia as well.

Track Listings
1. This Empty Place
2. So Much in Love With You
3. It's Not True
4. What Am I to Do
5. I Feel Good
6. Whatcha Gonna Do About It
7. Painter Man (Nz Version)
8. Let's Think of Something (Nz Version)
9. Flying Scotsman
10. Shakin Up Some Soul
11. Inside Looking Out
12. Speak My Mind
13. Dream Time
14. I'll Make You Happy
15. Painter Man (Aus Version)
16. Let's Think of Something (Aus Version)
17. Fantasy
18. Coloured Flowers
19. Halloween
20. Everybodys Girl
21. Moreen
22. By the Time
23. My Son John
24. Passing Me By
25. Swing the Jingle