UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you spend £150 a day on CDs?

Dont get me wrong: I'm not finding sweet cream popsike rarities..or popsike period.
Just happy to find cheap stuff - holes in the non-rare parts of the collection.
(For instance, recently was happy to get two or three Deep Purple commons I was missing.)

Internet lp-education has made pickin's dire near everywhere,but not as bad as UK , I'll wager.

A Hungarian dealer returned recently from the last London show to say "No ferkin' more!" Used to be not bad, but now its a waste of time and money going to the main UK show. (He didnt remark on the chazzas, but I reckon them all got savy and the situation is even worse.)

Myself I WILL be going to the main Toronto show (in the next two weeks).
(Might pick-up a Deep Purple common or two.)

Very true about the UK scene. I've pretty much given up going to the second-hand record shops and record fairs. When you ask any dealer if they've got anything interesting that's just come into stock, they shrug their shoulders and say that they keep the best stuff for eBay. Which, of course, defeats the object of attending fairs or going to shops. Even the charity shops are a waste of time - they either price everything by the price guides or don't stock vinyl due to health and safety (I was told in one shop that the vinyl they'd had last time I went in had been removed as they were no longer allowed to have boxes on the floor in case someone fell over them and the charity was sued).

Collecting vinyl used to be a lot of fun, now it's just grim.

Mr Wisdom's Whopper
Shit Wallace. If you lived 3 hours from the capital city in Western Australia and didn't purchase through the internet you wouldn't be getting much.

Oi!
You get Wallace a New Zealand Vertigo press of Affinity-same.

Also me needs King Crimbo "Court of Crimson King" on Aussie VERTIGO - not Island, like everywhere else.

How many copies of In The Court would you already have?

Your wish is my command Wallace(well sort of). There is a NZ copy of the Affinity album on Discogs going for $340 and an Australian one for $141. And how about a NZ Vertigo King Crimson for $846?!?!
But wait there's more. On ebay at the moment there is a NZ vertigo King Crimson with only $10.50 bid. Two days to go on that one.
Also a couple KC Vertigo albums on Gemm for $60 and $120. Plus Vertigo Poseidon and Lizard albums too.
I'm not too sure that In the Court Of was released on Vertigo in Australia. Only New Zealand?
Now if I was to get one of those for you and considering you don't like things coming by mail to your door would you pay for my air fare to Toronto to deliver it to your door? Just a thought.

Talking of Discogs (you did very briefly) am I the only one on RZ who is attempting to catalogue their collection/stock on said database?