UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jackie Lomax

Really enjoyed the 'Lost Soul' set & here's another...

Due 04/05...Jackie Lomax – Rare, Unreleased and Live 1965-2012

Jackie Lomax was the lead vocalist and bass player in The Undertakers.

The band moved to USA in 1965 and then changed their name to Lomax Alliance. In 1966 Brian Epstein came to New York with The Beatles and offered to manage Jackie as a solo artist but after Epstein's untimely death a planned album was never released instead Jackie was signed as the first artist to The Beatles Apple Label. The rest is history.

This release compiles tracks across Jackie's 47 year career before his untimely death in 2013.

A 2CD set that brings together unreleased tracks, rare tracks and Jackie's favourite live concert from 1976 as well as a German language version of 'How The Web Was Woven'

CD 1: Soul Light / More (livin' For Lovin') / California / Who's Foolin Who? / If Only I Could Find / She Feels That Way / The Little Things Of Love / Fallen Angel / I'm Gonna Be There / You're So Beautiful / Green Eyes / Don't Talk Down To Me / Devil Eyes / Give Your Heart To Somebody / Hold On To What You Got / Against All Odds / The Edge Of The World / I Can't Hold Out / One Night In Chicago / Dead And Gone

CD 2: Throw Your Love Away / You Better Get Going Now / Genuine Imitation Life / Sour Milk Sea (live At The BBC) / The Eagle Laughs At You (live At The BBC) / So Was Das Netz Gewoben ('how The Web Was Woven' In German) / Too Complicated / Sour Milk Sea / More (livin' For Lovin') / Peace Of Mind / (put Some) Rhythm In Your Blues / Blue World / Our Love / Hold On To Your Loved One / It Isn't Only Love / On The Road To Be Free / Hellfire, Night-crier / She Took Me Higher